Marlins Sign Kevin Kouzmanoff to Minor League Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Nobody hates BJ Upton except for Todd. But a few people have expressed why they have misgivings about giving him the kind of contract you think is essentially a slam dunk. You've kind of ignored those arguments...
    I dont hate him either. I pretty much agree with everyone else. I dont think hes good and its doubtful he would ever be worth that much money.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
      I get it, I just would not mind. But I also think there are better ideas, like Span. He'd be my target and Minn would surely take Hand/Ozuna/others.

But the point is, if not BJ, then why not do the 'original' plan of dish out JJ for a young 3B, and then use cash to get a good guy for the rotation for 3-4. They could use that too and plenty of worthy SP around.

Just do something. I'm sure they bring in 2-3 other guys to "compete" with Kouz and Solano. But that's still just not being responsible with a new stadium. We should hold them to a higher standard. This isn't 06 anymore.
      What are they supposed to do at 3B other than a competition?

I feel like bringing up Matt Dominguez again but then Beef is gonna make a joke about it.
      --------------------
      I wouldn't mind B.J. Upton if it was a move that was the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

We're not a B.J. Upton away from making the playoffs.
      Last edited by Erick; 11-04-2012, 07:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Well, yeah, because if Matt Dominguez was some sort of Plan A, we'd be in the same angry position.

Comment

I don't think that's true.

Comment

Wasn't he Plan A a few years ago?

Comment

If he was, I'm glad we Plan B'd

Comment

I don't think the fanbase was angry about it.

Comment

Nah, people definitely were.
                  poop

Comment

They didn't know he sucked three years ago. But if he actually was some sort of Plan A right now, it would be more worthy of anger than a minor league signing of Kevin Kouzmanoff just after the season.

Comment

I still don't think we should trade JJ for a young 3B.

We should sign JJ.

Comment

I don't recall that from the fanbase.

Also, I think the general fanbase would be less angry about a young player who .OPS'd .787 in the big leagues last year. Not that I think that's sustainable but you could still market that to make the fans less angry, especially since it's probably a better alternative than what's available.

It would certainly make the fans less angry than Kevin Kouzmanoff.

And Carlos Lee still sucks.
                        --------------------
                        And I hope we trade JJ.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        They didn't know he sucked three years ago. But if he actually was some sort of Plan A right now, it would be more worthy of anger than a minor league signing of Kevin Kouzmanoff just after the season.
                        This is a pointless argument because I wouldn't be overly excited about either, but really?
                        Last edited by Erick; 11-04-2012, 07:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

To be fair.... and coming from a place of reality.... if the Marlins marketed a shitty third baseman who OPS'd .787. in the big leagues last year to their fans, their fans would be pissed that that's what they were being given in a marketing campaign, and then they'd wonder what OPS is, and then they'd call into the radio and complain about something about any number of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            This is a pointless argument because I wouldn't be overly excited about either, but really?
                            Well, yeah, but a minor league signing of Kevin Kouzmanoff isn't worthy of any anger whatsoever.

It's barely worthy of a reaction, let alone anger.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post

Yes.

Scenario 1: Matt Dominguez will be your shitty starting 3B next year.

Scenario 2: Kevin Kouzmanoff was just signed to a minor league deal and there is a lot of time left until we find out who our starting 3B will be next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                To be fair.... and coming from a place of reality.... if the Marlins marketed a shitty third baseman who OPS'd .787. in the big leagues last year to their fans, their fans would be pissed that that's what they were being given in a marketing campaign, and then they'd wonder what OPS is, and then they'd call into the radio and complain about something about any number of sports.
                                There are fans with the perception that Dominguez is still a prospect.

Like the guy on JCR's twitter the other day who still thinks Dominguez is on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X