Marlins Sign Kevin Kouzmanoff to Minor League Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou has no middle ground.

He's either crazy optimistic or crazy pessimistic.

Comment

While Swift is the Oracle at Delphi.

Comment

ehe
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          You're overreacting.
          Tell me this when Solano is at 2B opening day. It's going to be bad. They'll move JJ for a 3B in A+/AA and start some shlub at 3B and just move in him at the same time as Yelich, Fernandez, and Conley to have mass turnover to the kids all at once.

2013 is going to be awful. How is that not sad getting a new ballpark and crying money for 7 years? That place is going to be a ghost town and the laughing stock of baseball even more than now. Clowns.

I'm not overreacting, I'm just pissed at how awful they proved themselves to be. Hopefully they buy out Stanton. Maybe they can do 1 thing right.

Comment

I mean, do you disagree with the trades they made at the deadline/the offseason to shed bad salary?

Like, I don't remember you having a problem with these moves at the times. It seems like they fired Ozzie and you decided you had to hate everything all of a sudden.
            poop

Comment

Didn't disagree with Hanley assuming they would immediately reinvest in the team to make it better. I suppose this is still up in the air as they could sign someone, but we all know where this is going. I don't see a $12-15 a year free agent coming in the likes of BJ, Bourn, or other starting pitcher. Or resigning JJ.

No problem with moving a free agent Anibal and Infante as they have an in house option with Bonifacio. But he's going to play CF.

They built a new building and right now, payroll will be $70-75 next year. Based on last years salaries, that would be 24th in baseball. With a new stadium. And that's without JJ and Buck ($20 combined) who are likely on the way out and they'll not have to eat most of that. If they can get rid of JJ, and half of Nolasco and Buck, they'll probably have the lowest payroll in baseball.

They are blowing their opportunity to establish baseball in Miami. It's not just the Ozzie thing which inspires little confidence. Things were supposed to change, and they are so incompetent it somehow got worse.

Comment

Well, I mean, would you rather they spend money on shitty players so we can say our payroll is 10th?

Given the free agent group, I'd much rather they put the checkbook away.

Comment

Why is Swift an oracle again?

Comment

because he bee hustling and grinding on a daily base
                    --------------------
                    also because he just predicts the worst case scenario for everything and he was right about a couple things even though he was wrong about a lot of things too

basically like everyone here, except Todd who's fucking wrong about everything to an amazing degree
                    Last edited by HUGG; 11-04-2012, 05:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Is that really "our" Swift that does that on his twitter?

Comment

Yes.

No.

Comment

Oh. Well dang.

Comment

It is amazing on how wrong Todd is all the time.

Comment

I'm not saying just spend money to spend money, but this team has clear holes all over the place and there are a variety of free agents (Greinke, BJ, Bourn, Melky, Victorino, Youk, Anibal and the assortment of other SP available on 3 year deals) that work and really wouldn't kill future payroll. These guys tried to give Pujols a quarter billion dollars. There is money. It's one thing if they get turned down by players, it's another to not try to change the culture and revert to Solano or Kouzmanoff as realistic starting options waiting for prospects who may not work out.

They have money now, they have money next few years. They could extend JJ, sign BJ/Bourn and Anibal/SP, stop gap 3B, and have a payroll same as 2012, and make it lower by eating 50-66% of Buck and Nolasco. And thats still outside top 12 in payroll. I don't think having a median payroll is a lot to ask for the second year into a new stadium. All of that would make sense short and long term. And yes, I know everyone hates BJ/Bourn, but they are 3.5+ WAR guys and would be massive upgrades.

They are just retarded. You don't just give up because 2012 was awful. Keep the momentum. Prove to everyone in South Florida things have changed. No one is going to trust them until they make right, and the writing is on the wall.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Let's see what they do. Buying out Stanton would be a nice first step.

Comment

With $191MM committed to Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, and Heath Bell, Marlins fans can't complain about their offseason so far. Only one of the 5,020 entrants in MLBTR's free agent prediction contest, Matthew Lazear, correctly guessed in November that the Marlins would sign all three.
                                http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/1...ls-wilson.html

Oracle Swift can suck it

/finds excuse to post this

Comment

Working...
                                X