No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Kevin Kouzmanoff to Minor League Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we can safely say he's worth about a half win less than Lou's BJ Upton projection for a fraction of the cost?

Comment

Well, I mean, it was 2010.

Comment

WAR

HUGH!

Yeah!

What is it good for!
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          Well, I mean, it was 2010.
          Why did he stop playing?

Comment

Are you comparing Kouzmanoff in 2010 to BJ Upton right now? I mean.

Regardless, I just don't see the hate for BJ. I think he's a safe signing in $12-15 range for 4 years. ESPN has him going 5/$75. I'll pass on that. The extra year if he starts slowing down kills it.

And I can say, if they are supremely confident Yelich can play CF for at least 14-15 before moving to a corner, I have no problem passing on a CF. But I'm just going on the greater majority of scouts saying he needs to go to LF.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            Why did he stop playing?
            Demoted to AAA because he stinks
            Last edited by lou; 11-04-2012, 06:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
              Are you comparing Kouzmanoff in 2010 to BJ Upton right now? I mean.

Regardless, I just don't see the hate for BJ. I think he's a safe signing in $12-15 range for 4 years. ESPN has him going 5/$75. I'll pass on that. The extra year if he starts slowing down kills it.

And I can say, if they are supremely confident Yelich can play CF for at least 14-15 before moving to a corner, I have no problem passing on a CF. But I'm just going on the greater majority of scouts saying he needs to go to LF.
              --------------------

Demoted to AAA because he stinks
              Of course I'm not comparing the two. But again, he's demoted because stinks, and his war over his last few seasons were about a half win lower than your BJ Upton projection. You don't see the hilarity in that?

Comment

He's gotten 257 major league PA since his 2.9 WAR 2010.

So basically, he was a near 3 WAR player for 2,361 PA and then stunk for 257 and hasn't gotten a chance since.

Comment

If Kouz from 08 to '10 stinks, certainly Upton has some odor.

Regressing, shitty defense, average offense, $15+ per year. I'll pass.

Comment

I should note that I think Kouzmanoff sucks and I don't think he will be our starting 3B.

Comment

WHAT IS OUR PLAN B!?!?

Comment

I also think he sucks. However, I'm not up in arms about potentially passing on fucking BJ Upton.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Regardless, I just don't see the hate for BJ.
                          Nobody hates BJ Upton except for Todd. But a few people have expressed why they have misgivings about giving him the kind of contract you think is essentially a slam dunk. You've kind of ignored those arguments...
                          poop

Comment

It's November 4th.

I wouldn't doubt them not spending any money but all of this because they gave Kouzmanoff a minor league deal? Every team will be giving out minor league deals this offseason.

I highly doubt their plan going into next season = Kevin Kouzmanoff starting at 3B.

They might let him compete in Spring Training. Coming into this offseason, it was well-known that our 3B next year would suck. The options are not good; I still doubt Kouzmanoff is their plan A going into next year.

Seems like an overreaction to me.

Also, B.J. Upton will not be turning into Curtis Granderson any time soon. Even if he is becoming Granderson, I still wouldn't want him because Curtis Granderson is overrated, himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              If Kouz from 08 to '10 stinks, certainly Upton has some odor.

Regressing, shitty defense, average offense, $15+ per year. I'll pass.
                              I get it, I just would not mind. But I also think there are better ideas, like Span. He'd be my target and Minn would surely take Hand/Ozuna/others.

But the point is, if not BJ, then why not do the 'original' plan of dish out JJ for a young 3B, and then use cash to get a good guy for the rotation for 3-4. They could use that too and plenty of worthy SP around.

Just do something. I'm sure they bring in 2-3 other guys to "compete" with Kouz and Solano. But that's still just not being responsible with a new stadium. We should hold them to a higher standard. This isn't 06 anymore.

Comment

It's also not even December 2012 yet

Comment

Working...
                                X