X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Mouse gone and a better run team would = more wins in and of itself

Comment

• Mick Mouse is busy with Star Wars so we're stuck anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Anyone think attendance would jump if they did sell/new owners came in?
        Yes. Loria & Samson and their style just rub people the wrong way.

If you brought in Mark Cuban, I guarantee that would generate a lot of enthusiasm and local interest in the team. He knows how to run a 1st class WINNING organization - he's a proven commodity.

I would renew my season tickets immediately.
        --------------------
        By the way can't they force an owner out if the situation becomes too toxic ? Wasn't Marge Schott removed because of that ?
        Last edited by oakelmpine; 11-02-2012, 09:05 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Schott had minority partners who wanted her out. Also she had been suspended by MLB like a billion times for offensive remarks, meddling, etc.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
            Schott had minority partners who wanted her out. Also she had been suspended by MLB like a billion times for offensive remarks, meddling, etc.
            (jokingly said) almost everything Loria says is offensive and talk about meddling

I know, I know.......just thought it had to be said.....

Comment

• Loria could win everyone over easily. I think people want to like the marlins they just make it so fucking hard.

-press conference state Beinfest has complete control and no more meddling
              -muzzle samson 50% of the time
              -stanton 7/$85, extend JJ 3/$42 vesting/club option $18/$3 buyout, bonifacio 3/$10 - show commitment to your players
              -Go out and sign a big free agent (BJ, Bourn, Anibal, etc), and stopgap 3B/bench/of/bullpen with 1 year guys so there is no more Gorkys moments
              -Lower upper deck weekday tickets, create new 15-20 game plans for working class with included parking and don't charge so much at the garages when peoples lawns across the street are $5. Let alone the hilarious club level prices.

It's a start. Then don't dick around in draft, don't fuck with Redmond, make jabs at the fans instead of your on the field product. Then sign someone else in 2014 and add Fernandez and Yelich which hopefully gets them over the hump.

It's easy. Just apologize, say we will make this stadium worth it to you the taxpayers, and change the culture through your actions. Stop being dickheads. That's all Cuban did. He stopped the Mavericks from acting like dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                Loria could win everyone over easily. I think people want to like the marlins they just make it so fucking hard.

-stanton 7/$85, extend JJ 3/$42 vesting/club option $18/$3 buyout, bonifacio 3/$10 - show commitment to your players
                -Go out and sign a big free agent (BJ, Bourn, Anibal, etc), and stopgap 3B/bench/of/bullpen with 1 year guys so there is no more Gorkys moments
                -Lower upper deck weekday tickets, create new 15-20 game plans for working class with included parking and don't charge so much at the garages when peoples lawns across the street are $5. Let alone the hilarious club level prices.

It's a start. Then don't dick around in draft, don't fuck with Redmond, make jabs at the fans instead of your on the field product. Then sign someone else in 2014 and add Fernandez and Yelich which hopefully gets them over the hump.

It's easy. Just apologize, say we will make this stadium worth it to you the taxpayers, and change the culture through your actions. Stop being dickheads. That's all Cuban did. He stopped the Mavericks from acting like dickheads.
                Lou people can always be forgiven, and I think you're right even Loria can vindicate himself. The problem is, can he do it ? He has such a big ego I can't see him doing it. I think he'd rather be forced to sell rather than change his ways. He is totally convinced he is a baseball genius, and nothing will ever happen to dissuade him from believing that. It's such a shame.

But maybe, just maybe Red can help him see the error of his ways, and maybe just maybe he will let Red manage the team without too much interference. We have to hold that hope if we remain fans of the team - we have no choice.

Comment

• Of course they aren't going to do it because he doesn't give a shit. He will never be forced to sell the team. Redmond ain't changing shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Loria could win everyone over easily. I think people want to like the marlins they just make it so fucking hard.

-Muzzling Samson is a good thing as he tends to say some pretty stupid things.
                    -I agree with locking up Stanton and extending JJ, but I dont really see much reason to give Bonifacio guaranteedyears considering he likely wont make much more than that year to year and is only a starter until legitimate options are found at 2B and CF
                    -Signing a big time free agent is good if its the right free agent. No need to waste money on a BJ Upton or a Michael Bourn just to spend money.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                      No need to waste money on a BJ Upton or a Michael Bourn just to spend money.
                      pretty sure you have to have a centerfielder in order to play baseball though
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• I would rather start Boner in center than any of them

Comment

• you would rather have Bonifacio in center and Solano starting somewhere in the infield than have Michael Bourn or BJ Upton and Bonifacio? Why?

Comment

• BJ Upton isnt good and is going to cost alot of money. Simply not worth it. Bourn is a guy who relies on speed and is 30 years old.
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                              -Muzzling Samson is a good thing as he tends to say some pretty stupid things.
                              -I agree with locking up Stanton and extending JJ, but I dont really see much reason to give Bonifacio guaranteedyears considering he likely wont make much more than that year to year and is only a starter until legitimate options are found at 2B and CF
                              -Signing a big time free agent is good if its the right free agent. No need to waste money on a BJ Upton or a Michael Bourn just to spend money.
                              I would like to see a 3 year for Bonifacio to lock him in for 2015, as the team doesn't have in house 2B candidates. He's a free agent after 2014 so the year to year thing while true through arbitration, doesn't mean he is back after that. That's why you sign him. 2015. Also coming off the injured down year, probably save a few bucks. It's not like this is a big risk. He'd take 3/$10. Small deals can still be productive. In fact, the Marlins need to make more small deals like this to average/normal guys like Bonifacio where there is relatively no downside.

And really, I'd be tempted to give Morrison 4-5 years too. If he pans out even moderately next year, probably looking at atleast $14 in arbitration (over 3 years), meaning he is roughly $15 mil over next 4 years doing nothing. Why not offer him something like 3/$7, club options for $6 and $8 years 4 and 5 with no buy outs. Morrison makes his relative slot if option 1 picked up, and sacrifices a free agency year to get the guaranteed cash at a point in his career he has done relatively nothing. Morrison hasn't done shit, and you throw $7 mil in his face I bet he doesn't blink right now. That's nothing to Marlins bottomline and everything to him. If he pans out, that free agency option year you got is well well well worth it.

Just saying, there needs to be more payroll creativity going on. They should have done this with Anibal too and I remember Swift and I talking about gambling on him and trying to sneak a low cost free agency year in there by guaranteeing it up front. But no. They need to take advantage of every opportunity to sign and retain talent for as cheaply as possible. They never do that.

Clowns.
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Todd View Post
                              BJ Upton isnt good and is going to cost alot of money. Simply not worth it. Bourn is a guy who relies on speed and is 30 years old.
                              Either is good at 4/$60. Bourn "seeking 80-100" and BJ rumored at 5/$75, is not good.

It's all about cost. I know this board uniformly hates them, but there is no reason to think they aren't 3.5 WAR guys moving forward, and there is certainly much more upside to that with them. That's very solid. Once that 5th year and extra bucks are involved, time to run.

Saying that, I still want to trade the non-Yelich/Fernandez farm for Span and Perkins.
                              Last edited by lou; 11-02-2012, 01:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I am not disagreeing with you so much as saying I dont think Bonifacio is worth it. He is a super utility guy being thrust into a starters spot he is not suited for and you could probably get him cheaper year to year than just handing him guaranteed money and years.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X