Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will definitely go to Opening Day, Arizona's first game in Miami and the last game of the year.

Comment

• I will still go a few times, but I won't be buying season tickets this year.

But let's face it, the people posting to this board are not your typical South Florida sports fans. So any poll among us is skewed.

Comment

• Buster Olney thinks that the Royals would trade one of Gordon, Moustakas, Hosmer or Butler for a pitcher.

What about JJ for Moustakas and a pitcher?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Not sure the Royals would give that up for Johnson right now, to be honest.

Comment

• LeBatard did that thing that LeBatard does

The first round is where you eliminate some of the guesswork in the innately unscientific drafting process — half the players in this year’s All-Star Game were first-round picks — but the best the Marlins have to show so far for a decade’s worth of first-round selections are Jeremy Hermida and Chris Volstad.

That is staggering in its incompetence, even if evaluation is inherently unscientific, even if 24 teams passed on Mike Trout and three rounds went by before anyone took Stanton, and it is the biggest reason the Marlins failed last year even though they hit on two of their big three free agents (Jose Reyes and Mark Buehrle).
            http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/2...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Copy editors are supposed to catch stuff like that. I feel like they don't care about it, which is an issue...
              poop

Comment

• Yeah, I wonder about editors every day, but still, LeBatard did that thing, ya know?

Comment

• Right but that takes literally 10 seconds to research yourself.

Comment

• LeBatard ought not be the guy that just says things without really knowing what the hell he's talking about since that's the kind of thing he likes to make fun of

Comment

• Yeah, it's on both.

But, speaking from experience, it's easy to get facts wrong when you're writing 2,000-plus words, even if you take care.

But I'm guessing he just doesn't give a shit.
                      poop

Comment

• My post was in response to Bobz copy editor post.

Comment

• I know it - I was piggybacking on yours

Comment

• Oh good.

Comment

• yep

Comment

• Good work,boys

Comment

Working...
                                X