He's our third basemen? Meh.

Comment

Gabby to Pitt

Comment

Cox going to Jacksonville.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
          Cox going to Jacksonville.
          He is currently on the DL but a very nice get for Mujica who was prolly gone next year anyways

Comment

HUGH fan of Cox. Awesome trade.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              He's our third basemen? Meh.
              It's a "sorry for trading both a starting 3B and our backup plan at 3B within the last month, here's your consolation prize" kind of trade.
              --------------------
              I like Cox, and I'm cool with trading Mujica to get him, but the dude has absolutely no power for a 3rd baseman. I'm not just speaking of home runs. The guy just doesn't get extra base hits.
              Last edited by dim; 07-31-2012, 02:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                It's a "sorry for trading both a starting 3B and our backup plan at 3B within the last month, here's your consolation prize" kind of trade.
                --------------------
                I like Cox, and I'm cool with trading Mujica to get him, but the dude has absolutely no power for a 3rd baseman. I'm not just speaking of home runs. The guy just doesn't get extra base hits.
                Ill take Cox over Dominguez-least he can hit

Comment

Whatever Cox makes up in hitting, he's 1000X worse defensively than Dominguez.

That Carlos Lee trade is just absolutely awful in retrospect, but it's hard to look at things in retrospect and bitch about it.

Comment

Meh. Dominguez was probably never going to be anything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                      Whatever Cox makes up in hitting, he's 1000X worse defensively than Dominguez.

That Carlos Lee trade is just absolutely awful in retrospect, but it's hard to look at things in retrospect and bitch about it.
                      O i agree,just saying rather have a 3B that can hit instead of one who plays great defense. Now if we were talking about a 5'9 180lbs 2B I prefer defense

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        O i agree,just saying rather have a 3B that can hit instead of one who plays great defense. Now if we were talking about a 5'9 180lbs 2B I prefer defense
                        Agreed. A 3B that can't hit is useless.

Comment

Really depends on the offense of the other 7 positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            Really depends on the offense of the other 7 positions.
                            Have u seen our offense?

Comment

Yes, I have. My comment wasn't specifically geared towards the Marlins.

Also, a no D third baseman is just as bad as a no O third baseman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                                Yes, I have. My comment wasn't specifically geared towards the Marlins.

Also, a no D third baseman is just as bad as a no O third baseman.
                                Maybe, but if I had to choose, I'd take the offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X