Hanley Ramirez and Choate Traded to Dodgers for Eovaldi and Minor Leaguer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    2 run homer in the 10th inning in San Francisco, absolutely smoked. Good for him.
    --------------------
    On a swing with a miniature leg kick
    It's a beautiful think when he does that.

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Two games: it's not a HUGH sample size.

Can we wait till he goes on an extended run before we slob his knob?
    Three games.

Comment

• SAN FRANCISCO — Hanley Ramirez couldn't stop smiling.

"I can't," he said. "I can't."

Ramirez smiled as he said that.

Reliever Randy Choate, who was traded with Ramirez from the Miami Marlins to the Dodgers on Tuesday night, has noticed a change in the three-time All-Star.

"He just seems to be smiling a lot more the last couple of days," Choate said.

Choate thought that might be because Ramirez was freed of the expectations that were placed on him in Miami.

"It seemed there were a lot of expectations fell solely on him and a lot of blame fell solely on him," Choate said. "It just seemed the more that we started failing, the more he started getting blamed."

Ramirez didn't discount the theory. He was only 25 when he hit .342 and won the National League batting title.

"If you hit .350, they expect you to hit .360, .370 the next year," he said.

Ramirez doesn't think that will be a problem with the Dodgers because players such as Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier will be around to share the burden.

Similar to how Manny Ramirez refused to say much about the Boston Red Sox after being traded to the Dodgers in 2008, Hanley Ramirez wouldn't say much about the Miami Marlins. Asked about the unsavory reputation he developed or how former teammates bad-mouthed him in news reports upon his departure, Hanley Ramirez replied, "That's in the past."

However, Choate took issue with how anonymous Marlins said they were glad to be rid of Ramirez.

"It was basically everybody's fault," Choate said of how the Marlins are fourth in the NL East. "To go behind him and bad-mouthing him is not really fair."

While Ramirez wouldn't say anything about his former club, he acknowledged that he felt reinvigorated by the trade.

"I'm happy, I'm relaxed," he said. "My mind is completely clean. … We got a chance. It's a different feeling."

Ramirez retold the story his agent told a couple of days earlier: that he had said that if he had to be traded, he wanted to be traded to the Dodgers.

Ramirez pointed to their tradition and fan base. He also said that growing up in the Dominican Republic, one of his favorite players was former Dodgers shortstop Jose Offerman.
      http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...,7180077.story
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• So the answer all along was stress? Maybe we should have invested in some Xanax for him.

Comment

• No more Leo or Hanley problems

Comment

• Originally posted by brandnew View Post
            You sound mad that he's actually doing well.
            Emotions don't show well on message boards.

I get mad when I almost chop my finger off on a broken glass or I find out a 6 year old got murdered in a movie theater.

Hanley playing well for three games does very little to me emotionally.

Having been born in LA and attended many Dodger games, I actually root for the Dodgers.
            --------------------
            Unlike Hanley, John Nathans is not a hugh fan of Jose Offerman.
            Last edited by Namaste; 07-28-2012, 09:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Would have been easier to just say no. Instead of posting that useless info.

Comment

• Yeah Daft, just say no.

one time

Comment

• Another hr.

Comment

Another hr.
                    The box score says he didn't hit one today.

Comment

• Fantasy box score says a single and double

Comment

• Jon MorosiVerified ‏@jonmorosi

Hanley Ramirez looking quite comfortable in Dodger blue. Another homer today. Ned Colletti made an excellent move there.

lol.

Comment

Would have been easier to just say no. Instead of posting that useless info.
                          We don't take the easy way out. It's ALL or NOTHING.

Comment

• Can we stop the Hanley talk? He's a dodger now. Let the thread die already.

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• Some of us are still rooting for the guy

Comment

Working...
                                X