X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope he kills it in LA.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
      So Zach Lee isn't a part of this deal? Could he be that minor leaguer to be named later?

If not, they basically spoon fed Hanley and a LOOGY to the Dodgers.
      Your true colors: They're shining through.

Look at the big picture. This season is over. Hanley is over. It's all about freeing up $$$$ next year. 2012 is done.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      We are paying none of Hanley's contract
      :like
      Last edited by Namaste; 07-25-2012, 06:05 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
        You are correct. Miami has a very diversified entertainment market and a smaller population base than other cities with similar options.

If you're a family of four and project to drop $100 attending a Marlins game on a Sunday afternoon they better win. They could just as easily go to the beach for half that price.
        What beach are you going to? I pay about $3, stay there for a couple of hours and I'm out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          Not because of this specifically, but that Carlos Lee deal really does look shitty now.

And I liked it at the time.
          I still like it. That trade was done in a much different climate. We were buyers.

Now we're (correctly) sellers.

Oh and, RIP TSwift.

Comment

• A family of four would want to do the lunch and ice cream thing.

Comment

• Battered-Spouse Syndrome.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Have to say I think the value in the trade is as good as can be expected, especially with them paying 100% of Hanley's salary. Two trades and two MLB ready SP's (B to B+ or better prospects - they may have lost a little shine but I think that is standard for SP prospects after a few MLB starts) coming back, you can't really complain all that much.

Rotation looks set for next year now (unless JJ is traded - but you got to think another MLB ready SP+ is coming back in that case), but they do need to invest this winter. Out of interest, would Choate have brought a draft pick (even so would that have meant an arbitration cost through the roof with the new CBA)?

Comment

• Honestly the return is a little bit lower than I imagined - would have liked a decent position player instead of a minor league reliever - because I think Choate on his own could have brought a guy like McGough or maybe even better. So thinking about Hanley for Eovaldi straight up is a tough pill to swallow. The Astros trade looks like shit now, unless the other shoe hasn't dropped yet. At this point, and we've been through this before, it's worth it to give Murphy some consistent PT at 3B. We know what Dobbs does as a semi-regular (and it isn't that impressive) but Murphy continues to crush the ball and hasn't gotten consistent time up here. I'm intrigued to see what he could do over regular plate appearances.

Honestly, the thing that's most upsetting is that it's been 5 or so years since we had to deal with the whole "LOL THE MARLINS TRADE EVERYONE" shit coming from casual fans, non-fans, media, etc. and it was starting to die down. Now we have that annoying shit to deal with again and we'll never be able to sign a free agent without hearing it. I can already hear "THEY WOULDN'T GIVE SCOTT ROLEN A NO TRADE CLAUSE ON HIS MINOR LEAGUE CONTRACT, THEY'RE JUST GONNA TRADE HIM" next offseason.
                  --------------------
                  my girlfriend woke up just now for like two seconds and I told her they traded Hanley Ramirez and she good "good, I hate that fucker" and went back to sleep

she knows nothing about baseball really
                  Last edited by emkayseven; 07-25-2012, 06:45 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I mean, how do you trust Beinfest that he knows what he's doing with this firesale when the last one a few years back lead to absolutely nothing?
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Vin Scully is going to secretely hate Hanley

Also looking forward to many real life "friends" who always whined about Hanley being pissed that he got traded.

Comment

• Cambridge!!! We need more Cambridge UK at SFM.com

Comment

• Thinking about this more, there is no doubt to me now that Nolasco or JJ (please let it be Nolasco) get dealed and possibly we get a 3B back. With Hamels locked up for a bajillion dollars a year the SP market just changed DRASTICALLY. There's no reason Greinke can't get $20-24 a year on the open market and a SP is going to cost a king's ransom. Which leads me to think a few things.

A) The Marlins realize how crazy pricey FA SP is going to be and, despite the few talented ones who will make it there, would rather invest that money in a 3B, CF, etc. and so are stockpiling young SP, and
                          B) They can get a shit ton for Nolasco or JJ.

I mean, if I'm a team, and the Marlins are telling me JJ isn't available but Nolasco is, I'm still interested and I'm still willing to trade big pieces. I would rather trade 2-3 prospects and get a mid-back end guy locked up at $11.5 next year (which, let's face it, is the going rate for mid line starters anyway) instead of trading 4-5 pieces for a few months of Greinke, no comp pick, and seeing him walk and sign with a big budget team in November. I dare say I think even Nolasco's return would equal Greinke's and JJ's would blow them both out of the water at this point. The Phillies just set an insane market.

We are going to get a 3B back for one of them. And another pitching prospect, and another piece. I'd almost guarantee it at this point.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• We are getting Mike Olt, my imaginary sources confirm it.

Comment

• A little disappointed they didn't get Lee or a better second player, but $35 million off the books is pretty spectacular. Assuming they use it.

Comment

• They will, on Melky Cabrera.

Comment

Working...
                                X