Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At the Midway Point. Worse Signing, Reyes or Bell ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bobob he was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
      bobob he was injured.
      Being on the field counts for something, "bro"
      poop

Comment

Ok RobRob
        Last edited by tr305; 07-08-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Forgot the quotes this time. You're slacking.
          poop

Comment

Reyes has had a slow start in Miami, but he'll be fine and I think he will make big contributions over the life of his deal. I thought Bell would settle down by now, but he it doesn't look like he will. He's a total dud and it looks like the signing will hinder the Marlins for the next 2 seasons in addition to this one unless he magically learns how to not be the worst.

It's not even close between the Reyes and Bell signings and Bell may very well be the worst signing in club history.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

We could have gotten a third baseman with Hanley's numbers for pennies. Then kept Hanley at SS. Used the left over Reyes money for many things.
              We could've had one of the board members do what Heath Bell is doing for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                We could've had one of the board members do what Heath Bell is doing for free.
                I would need at least $50,000. A savings of $8,950,000.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

no one really has played like i thought they would, ........well infante, stanton, chiseck, Buehrle, Dobbs. thats it

Comment

We're defending $100+ million to a 92 OPS+ now? For that kind of cash, get me 14/14 saves, bro.

Seriously, Reyes is on pace for his 3rd worst OBP since 2005, his worst OPS in a full season since 2005, and his worst slugging percentage in his career and we're cool giving him $100 million? Get off your fucking detached asses, he's a terrible contract and saved by the fact that Heath Bell has become the worst pitcher in baseball (14/14 saves withstanding) and the inexplicable hatred surrounding Hanley (despite a superior OPS and, by extension, OPS+). It's a fucking terrible contract and a franchise crippling one if this is what we're going to get going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                      We're defending $100+ million to a 92 OPS+ now?
                      No. You're doing the same thing Tr did. You really don't want to be in that company.

He asked what the worse signing was. No argument can possibly be made for it being Reyes.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                      Seriously, Reyes is on pace for his 3rd worst OBP since 2005, his worst OPS in a full season since 2005, and his worst slugging percentage in his career
                      Also, make sure if you cite these things, you also don't cite that he has the worst BABIP of his career, at .284, despite his best line-drive rate.

If his BABIP was .312, his career mark, he'd be putting up a roughly .294/.365/.410 line.

Funny enough, he has a .769 OPS with a .291 BABIP since June 1.

I think I'm going to wait before he has more than two bad months before I say he's crippling the franchise.
                      --------------------
                      Also, there's the fact that, if we're judging based on their performance half a season in, Bell's contract looks worse simply because that half season represents a larger portion of his contract. He has much less room to make up for it.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-08-2012, 11:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

Jose Reyes has a contract worth roughly 21% of Jeffrey Loria's net worth, Bell's is roughly 5%. You're right, no chance it cripples the franchise.

Comment

Ok.

I said this: "I think I'm going to wait before he has more than two bad months before I say he's crippling the franchise."

Can you at least explain to me how you got "There's no chance it cripples the franchise" from that?

I'm just not seeing it.
                          poop

Comment

ehe what the fuck?

Comment

I mean, I used the words "cripple" and "franchise", but not "no chance" or "won't." So I just don't see it.
                              poop

Comment

LOL guy is on pace for nearly 60 HR's and 130 RBI's and you are using him as an example ????
                                Well Reyes never has been nor will be a power hitter and hes a leadoff man so RBIs arent really a primary area of his game. Those seem to be the two areas of Reyes game you are most disappointed with.

He needs to get on base and get into scoring position. Thats his job. And hes been doing that pretty well for 2 months.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X