Marlins Acquire Carlos Lee for Matt Dominguez, Rob Rasmussen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@MLB
    Carlos Lee's locker has been cleaned out and he is gone, reports @brianmctaggart.
    https://twitter.com/MLB/status/220631283926175744

Comment

With the Astros paying most of the remaining salary, and us giving up two players who had no future on this team, I don't see how this trade is a bad thing.

Plus, all we need is half a season of good Lee. I think he can manage that.

Comment

Now we get to finish 4th instead of last.

Comment

Logan Morrison is a 1B. Even if Ruggiano regresses, how much better is Carlos Lee than him? Not to mention we're now worse defensively.

We just traded two of our top 10 prospects before this year for a rental who's a DH/probably washed up hitter.

This is awesome.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          Now we get to finish 4th instead of last.
          Wooooo!!!!!!
          Last edited by Erick; 07-04-2012, 04:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think the fact that those were considered two of our top 10 prospects is more of a downer than actually giving them away.

Comment

Do 2 of our top 10 prospects matter if they suck and aren't going to help us otherwise? Just because they're two of our shitty top 10 prospects doesn't mean they'll help us on the field or with a better trade at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                Do 2 of our top 10 prospects matter if they suck and aren't going to help us otherwise? Just because they're two of our shitty top 10 prospects doesn't mean they'll help us on the field or with a better trade at any point.
                Who's to say Dominguez won't be worth more than this shitty return at some point?

Also, what's the reward for this? If this is an upgrade, it's only a minor upgrade. A minor upgrade makes us a playoff contender now? It's a "who the fuck cares" type of move.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  We just traded two of our top 10 prospects before this year for a rental who's a DH/probably washed up hitter.
                  We also improved our production at first base by .200 OPS points.

And you'll have to forgive people for not thinking Ruggiano is the answer.
                  poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    We also improved our production at first base by .200 OPS points.

And you'll have to forgive people for not thinking Ruggiano is the answer.
                    But Carlos Lee is the answer.

Comment

It's a "who the fuck cares" type of move.
                      Then stop being so fucking angry about it

Comment

Who's to say Dominguez won't be worth more than this shitty return at some point?
                        Who's to say he will? Dude can't hit for shit.

Comment

I would love to hear how this makes any sort of sense, really.

Even if you still believe the team can contend this year, we're probably (actually, almost certainly) better off moving Logan Morrison to 1B and putting Ruggiano in LF once Bonifacio comes back.

We just gave up assets for nothing. Carlos Lee (who according to Rich Waltz just now is an addition of power) hasn't even hit a HR on the road this year. Exciting.
                          Oh come on. I hate Beinfest. I would have fired him 5 years ago. This is not that bad of a move. We're not getting a good player back, we didn't send out good prospects, either. It's not going to make a difference, so whatever you felt this morning about the team, feel it now.

Comment

But Carlos Lee is the answer.
                            He has a .750 OPS this season despite being "washed up". That represents a .200 point improvement over the current first baseman. To say that the move does not make the team better is fucking stupid.
                            poop

Comment

It makes the Marlins better right now. Not much, but better. Our minor league system has seen a pretty decent jump in quality this year. Rasmussen doesn't even sniff the top 10, and I don't think you could fine an executive in baseball who thinks Domingo will hit enough to be an everyday player.

It doesn't mean contention, but it means they are better. And I can't knock that.
                              Christian Yelich
                              LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                              12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                              100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                              .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Wasn't Dominguez a top 100 prospect in baseball not so long ago? My point is that we just traded him while his value was at its lowest.

What does Carlos Lee accomplish? This team fucking sucks. We're not a minor upgrade (if that) away from making the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X