No announcement yet.

Nacho Continues to Save Season As Marlins Complete Sweep of Phillies, Win 5-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Nacho Continues to Save Season As Marlins Complete Sweep of Phillies, Win 5-2

Four straight.

Heath Bell has converted 14 straight save opportunities. 13.1ip 7ha 0er 2bb 14k in those 14 appearances.

I was gonna put "but, ya know, Robb Nen" but I was afraid Festa might get mad at me for doing a thing.

Comment

I liked when mk7 answered his own question by telling himself/us that he would indeed probably prefer Nen.

Anyway, not bad. We're only paying him $9M. ;-)

Comment

I like when we do well.
        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Wins are satisfying.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Season about to be back on.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Heath Bell has converted 14 straight save opportunities. 13.1ip 7ha 0er 2bb 14k in those 14 appearances.

I was gonna put "but, ya know, Robb Nen" but I was afraid Festa might get mad at me for doing a thing.
            You already did a thing.
            Last edited by Party; 07-01-2012, 04:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post

Deceiving #'s.

Comment

Ok.

He has a 3.56 ERA overall in his last 20 appearances, going 14 for 14 in save opportunities, with 19 strikeouts and five walks over 17 2/3 innings.

3.73 ERA with 22 strikeouts and seven walks in 21 2/3 innings since his last blown save.

We can probably stop doing the "Heat Bell is the worst ever" thing.
                --------------------
                Plus, like a .350 BABIP over the last 20 appearances.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-01-2012, 04:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                poop

Comment

Even after that horrendous stretch, we are only four games out of that second WC spot in the loss column. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Deceiving #'s.
                    How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Ok.

He has a 3.56 ERA overall in his last 20 appearances, going 14 for 14 in save opportunities, with 19 strikeouts and five walks over 17 2/3 innings.

3.73 ERA with 22 strikeouts and seven walks in 21 2/3 innings since his last blown save.

We can probably stop doing the "Heat Bell is the worst ever" thing.
                      --------------------
                      Plus, like a .350 BABIP over the last 20 appearances.
                      Saying he's 14-for-14 in save opportunities is absolutely irrelevant considering how deceiving that is.
                      I'm pretty sure that stretch includes a couple of times he was pulled during the middle of the opportunity against the Giants, when Cishek and Choate bailed him out.

The stat also doesn't include blowing a 4-run lead the other night.

He's pitching better, but I hate the 14-for-14 thing. He really should have about 7 or 8 blown saves by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Saying he's 14-for-14 in save opportunities is absolutely irrelevant considering how deceiving that is.
                        I'm pretty sure that stretch includes a couple of times he was pulled during the middle of the opportunity against the Giants, when Cishek and Choate bailed him out.

The stat also doesn't include blowing a 4-run lead the other night.

He's pitching better, but I hate the 14-for-14 thing. He really should have about 7 or 8 blown saves by now.
                        I'm not sure why you responded to me, though, because I didn't really say anything about blown or not blown saves.
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ashraf View Post
                          How so?
                          I'm guessing someone who studies a lot of sabrmagic will go to the "he's a fat fuck" argument.
                          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            I'm not sure why you responded to me, though, because I didn't really say anything about blown or not blown saves.
                            "He has a 3.56 ERA overall in his last 20 appearances, going 14 for 14 in save opportunities, with 19 strikeouts and five walks over 17 2/3 innings."

Comment

We've lost 1 game because of Heath Bell in the last 2 months.

There's nothing deceiving about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X