No announcement yet.

Quality Start from JJ Squandered As Marlins Implode Late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see what happens from the All star break on. We're going to go on a run at some point. I don't think we're THIS bad.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KR86u6auvs[/ame]

FINALLY

Comment

Still would rather seem him get really fired up. I think it's coming tho. You can tell he is one button away from lift off.

Comment

"It's hard to replace 10 guys."

Comment

"I look like Obama, having a meeting every freaking day," Guillen quipped. "I’m not that type of manager. They've never even see how I can get. That’s why I’ve tried to be patient, talking very normal here, but what I see is terrible. What I see is pathetic, including myself. I take the blame. I do take the blame, but in the meanwhile I have to see something different. There are a few people here that feel a little bit too comfortable and that’s going to change. I’m getting paid to win games and I’m not doing my job right now.

“I always believe in this quote, I don’t know who said it: Bad teams have meetings, winning teams kick ass."
            Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/2...#storylink=cpy

I wonder who he's talking about.

Comment

Hanley
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Hanley will listen tho. Ozzie played in majors.

Comment

There has been lots of talk over the years about Hanley Ramirez’s failure to step up as a clubhouse leader.

But Marlins players said Ramirez’s stock went up yesterday when he walked into the clubhouse after Miami’s sixth straight loss and started a players-only meeting.

“And he said all the right things,” said one veteran player (Hugg note: It was Greg Dobbs, you know it was Greg Dobbs.). “I was impressed.”

Ramirez, a three-time All Star who started with the Marlins in 2006, said it was the first time in his career that he has started a team meeting.

“I don’t like to talk too much. I joke a little bit but I don’t like to speak. But sometimes there’s a time when you have too many things in your heart and you just want to say it,” he told two reporters this morning.

Ramirez started the meeting but several players also spoke.

“We wanted everybody to speak up and say what they think, what we’re doing wrong. We just wanted to hear everybody’s opinions,” Ramirez said.

“We wanted everybody to speak up and we just called everybody together.”

The message that came out of that meeting?

“The past is in the past. We have to start today. It has been tough. You cannot just keep adding loses and losses every day. Clean your mind and let’s start from today,” Ramirez said.

“Everybody is struggling — 25 guys. What do you expect when everybody is struggling? We’ve just got to battle. It’s 25 guys, not just one guy.”

While he is friendly, Ramirez often avoids reporters. But he opened up this morning about what the Marlins need to do to turn their season around.

“We keep playing hard and we don’t give up,” he said.

“Every day in the big leagues can be a struggle. It’s what we’re going through right now. Some teams will get out of it quick. Some will take a little bit longer. It has been too long for us because the talent we have here (it should) not to be that much longer to be struggling right now.

“Sometimes you want to produce every at-bat, every pitch and you get too much pressure on yourself. I think that’s what we’re going to do now. That’s why we had a meeting yesterday. We spoke about that. Everybody just relax and just worry about your teammates and that’s it. We just have to stay together.”
                  http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...saturday-loss/

Comment

Our Hanley is all grown up.

I'll be honest though, I'd trade this broken mature Hanley for sulky cry baby bitch Hanley who mashes, if I had the chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X