Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Strength of Schedule So Far......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
    I use it all the time, but the pyth record isn't sacrosanct. It's simply a better estimate of future performance than actual W-L records. There's a margin of error, and it's going to be higher right now because we've only played part of the season. I'm not saying we haven't been lucky, but being 4-5 games above your pyth record doesn't automatically mean that luck is the culprit.
    I agree with all that, especially since I was just looking at one month.

My biggest problem is that it doesn't account for variations in player performance, which is something far too complicated to accurately explain using just runs scored/against.

But still, it's something and there it is. My gut tells me there was an element of luck winning a couple games here and there.

Overall, the team keeps getting better and I think that will ultimately buck the notion that we're just playing way over our heads and will fall to Earth.

Comment

Just using specific examples, we were pretty lucky to win all those games a few weeks ago when Bell was blowing saves and/or putting everyone on base and Cishek and Co. kept getting out of it.

Comment

The Giants and Padres series', specifically.

We went 7-3 in one-run games in May, but 3-5 in April. These thigns even out.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          The Giants and Padres series', specifically.

We went 7-3 in one-run games in May, but 3-5 in April. These thigns even out.
          Bobbob has now resorted to making up words just to make the thread all about him

Unreal, boys

Comment

Now you're just doing a thign.
            poop

Comment

Working...
            X