No announcement yet.

Marlins Win 5-2 Behind Hanley's Howitzer Blast in the 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amped for the media to spin this "small" crowd as backlash against Ozzie and how Loria is a crook that bilked the City of Miami and they will have a firesale in a year and the stadium will be empty after the novelty wears off in a month.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I don't think there's any question that it's kind of a disappointing number, but still, they haven't drawn 20k in similar conditions in 16 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        I don't think there's any question that it's kind of a disappointing number, but still, they haven't drawn 20k in similar conditions in 16 years.
        Yeah, it'd be cool if there were 30,000 or so, but I think at this point the "low" number is as much a function of how crappy the Cubs seem. Typically, when the Cubs are in town the amount of dipshits in blue caps is pretty significant.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

If they can average 21k on Mon-Thu (42 games 882k) and 31k on the weekends (39 games 1.209mil), they'd top 2 million for the season.

Wasn't that what they said the goal was at one point?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            If they can average 21k on Mon-Thu (42 games 882k) and 31k on the weekends (39 games 1.209mil), they'd top 2 million for the season.

Wasn't that what they said the goal was at one point?
            32,500-34,000 a game.

Comment

Oh.

Well, that ain't happening.

Comment

It only there was a orlando-miami shuttle, theyd have at least one more show up every home game.

Comment

they'd rather have the 1 less person

Comment

They play 18 games against the Braves, Red Sox, Phillies and Cardinals at home during the week. Those are guaranteed to be near sellouts. The weekend crowds against bad teams will draw at worst 30,000 a game.

32,000 a game is completely doable if they remain competitive. Much higher if they are as good as advertised.

4 of the 6 series take place in the summer and the 5th is during the last week of school.
                    --------------------
                    30,000 a game = 82% capacity or 10th last year

32,000 a game = 87% capacity of 8th last year

Inaugural year %

Pittsburgh drew 80% in 2001
                    Cincinnati drew 69% in 2003
                    San Diego drew 88% in 2004
                    Philly drew 93% in 2004
                    St. Louis drew 90% in 2006
                    Washington drew 69% in 2008 (29,000 a game)
                    Minnesota drew 100% in 2010
                    Last edited by Party; 04-17-2012, 11:22 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                      they'd rather have the 1 less person

/cries

Comment

The Party section was cool, but the Fiesta Premium section had a fight!
                        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

The "we haven't been here since '94" spin is cool, but at the same time that's a pretty bad crowd for the Cubs.

I think, when the Marlins pegged 2.5 million as their magic number for this season (because 3 million requires a sellout every night), they probably pegged the Cubs, Red Sox and Cardinals weeknight series at or near sellouts because we have some absolute weeknight dogs this year. I also believe the number of full-season-equivalents we have is approximately 15K so 24K is a let-down when you consider the Cubs were doing about 20Kish at Pro Player with 8K FSE's.

FYI, before Boston comes to town we'll have Pittsburgh, Colorado, Washington and Atlanta as our weeknight/Tuesday opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                            The "we haven't been here since '94" spin is cool, but at the same time that's a pretty bad crowd for the Cubs.

I think, when the Marlins pegged 2.5 million as their magic number for this season (because 3 million requires a sellout every night), they probably pegged the Cubs, Red Sox and Cardinals weeknight series at or near sellouts because we have some absolute weeknight dogs this year. I also believe the number of full-season-equivalents we have is approximately 15K so 24K is a let-down when you consider the Cubs were doing about 20Kish at Pro Player with 8K FSE's.

FYI, before Boston comes to town we'll have Pittsburgh, Colorado, Washington and Atlanta as our weeknight/Tuesday opponents.
                            The Cubs are also really bad.

Comment

How did JJ look?

Comment

Fastball velocity was up from his last two starts slightly and, just as importantly to me, he had a higher swinging strike percentage than the previous two start. His swinging strike rate was identical to last year.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X