Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care what he wears or what he looks like, it only matters what he cooks like!

Beef! Pork! Chicken!
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Isn't being fat usually a virtue for pitchers? So no, I'm not mad he's fat, I'm mad he sucks and is a douche to boot.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Quick poll: how many buttermilk biscuits does Heath eat every morning to break his fast?

Comment

• Yeah I love how he says he's just a "big guy".

I'd be a big guy too if I ate the things I ate all the time when I was 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metes View Post
            Quick poll: how many buttermilk biscuits does Heath eat every morning to break his fast?
            All of them.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• MIAMI — It is a lesson that Heath Bell has taught his four children.

“Things are not always going to go your way,” the former Padres closer said Saturday afternoon in the clubhouse of the Miami Marlins. “When they don’t, you don’t give up.”

To say things have not been going Bell’s way this season is a gross understatement.

Signed by the Marlins as a free agent last winter to a deal guaranteed to make him $24 million over three seasons and possibly $33 million through the end of 2015, Bell is 2-5 with a 5.75 earned run average in 46 appearances.

But the key statistic is saves. Bell has 19. But he has blown six attempts. That’s a success rate of 76 percent. In three seasons as Trevor Hoffman’s successor as the closer of the Padres, Bell had 132 saves at a success rate of 90.4 percent.

The season isn’t yet two-thirds of the way over and Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen has twice removed Bell as the Marlins closer.

Rumors are rampant that the Marlins would love to trade Bell before the deadline. One possible destination — San Francisco, which is far closer to the north San Diego neighborhood that Bell still calls home.

“I’m doing the best I can,” Bell said Saturday as he prepared to play catch with his son Reece much like he did at Petco Park. “But it’s been frustrating. I’d be lying if I said things haven’t been hard.

“I still think I made the right decision, although I wanted to stay. The Padres made me an offer ... two years at $11 million total. But they could have traded me if they wished. They tried to trade me last year.

“I don’t know. I could have also accepted arbitration for this season with the Padres and made more than I did last year ($7.5 million). But they could still have traded me.”

Bell said life in South Florida has its benefits.

“It’s a great place to play,” he said. “The new ballpark is excellent. The fans are great. And I like this team. I don’t agree with a lot of people who say this season is over. We’re still in the wild-card race.

Actually, the Marlins are 10 games behind the second wild-card slot at the moment. They’d only be six down if Bell had repeated his 90 percent success rate on saves. “I’ve accepted my part of the blame,” said Bell. “I share responsibility.”

Bell said he was “out of whack” in April, creating a snowball effect. “I’ve felt good at times, I’ve gotten on some short runs. But then things change and I’m back in a position where I am struggling.

“It’s tough going from coaches you’ve known for a long time to coaches who don’t know you. It’s been tough for me to adjust.”
              http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...-signing-with/

Guy is full of weird excuses that a high school player would make
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I wish we could hang him up like a big piñata and just whack the shit out of him with wiffle ball bats

Comment

• That is such a great visual. I want to go to there
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• "I found out I need to really listen to myself. I can't listen to anybody. I'm my own best coach, unfortunately. I'm not trying to take anything away from St. Claire. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying my pitching style is unique. And I need to figure it out. And I figured it out. I was looking for help, and I should have been looking for help from myself."

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...s_mia&c_id=mia

Someone should tell this guy to stop talking.

Comment

• I feel like I've seen you say the same thing about hitters and relative usefulness of hitting coaches, but I might be wrong?
                      poop

Comment

• Huh?

Comment

• Like this:

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Whenever Hanley becomes a hitter again, I probably won't be crediting Eduardo Perez for the turnaround.
                          So I don't see what's wrong with what he said. He essentially said about himself what you said about Hanley. There was a whole argument about it with Hanley, and you saying he would fix himself.
                          poop

Comment

• Well, I wouldn't say he's wrong, but there's really no need to say such a thing to the media. I have a problem with him inferring that other players/coaches deserve blame for his problems this year and I would guess the Marlins are growing tired of it, as well.

Also, this isn't the first time he says that he's figured it out this year.

Comment

• implying, not inferring

Comment

• Heath is implying, Erick is inferring

Comment

Working...
                                X