Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's missing a door

Comment

• and possibly a front and rear of the car.

Comment

• I'm making myself really sad right now...

Giancarlo Stanton has an identical OPS+ to Miguel Cabrera in his first five seasons. With half his fifth season left, Stanton already has amassed more WAR than Cabrera through five.

Baseball-Reference has Stanton tied with Mike Trout for the WAR lead this season at 4.8. HE'S ON PACE FOR A 10 WAR SEASON AT AGE 24!

I'm gonna be really sad when they trade him. Fuck.
        --------------------
        He's on pace for 9+ WAR as a 24-year-old. There have been six seasons of 9+ WAR by a player before the age of 25 since 1961. Fuck.
        --------------------
        Hey, look on the bright side. Maybe Marisnick's utter inability to look like a major-league hitter will make it slightly more likely they don't trade Stanton.

If Ozuna, Yelich and Marisnick all looked like average starters or better this season, there's no way they'd bring Stanton back, right?
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-28-2014, 04:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

• Well, unless an OFer/OF prospect is part of the return package. Which I'm sure it will be.

I'm going to be such a tremendous sad panda when they trade him.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• But Marisnick not being stinky shit would totally give them the silver bullet they need to try and justify it. You know that's what they'd do.

"We have a tremendous core of future All-Star outfielders, and we want to get younger and faster out there."

These fucks.
            --------------------
            They'll still do it anyways.
            --------------------
            Just thinking about what it might take to re-sign Stanton, I can't see anything getting it done at this point. They fucked it up again.
            --------------------
            If they offered him 5/100 right now, with $25 million in each of his first three FA seasons, does he take it? He's two years away from $250-300 million guaranteed.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-28-2014, 04:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            poop

Comment

• Hell no. That ship has sailed.

Comment

• Not sure why it just hit me that he's as good as gone, but it did. Ugh.`
                poop

Comment

• So what would it take to sign him though?
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• 11-16-25-28-30? 5/110?
                    poop

Comment

• My kids are going to be crushed when they trade him.

I'm going to be so tempted to tell them that we are going to start rooting for a franchise that's not a mickey mouse organization.

Comment

• Dang, remember when we thought 5/$60 or 6/$70 would get it done
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I know I am a conspiracy theorist, but I truly believe they do this intentionally...refuse to offer arbitration and FA buyouts, so when it comes time to offer them deals that get turned down they can play the "well we TRIED!" card.

There is just no way an organization can be that obtuse when this is a system that has been working well for pretty much every small market club, including a team that is a few fucking hours away and plays their games on the same fucking tv stations. But noooo, not in Miami.

Someone give a tape recorder and Jeffrey Loria's phone #. I am going to try and coax something racist out of him. Are there any ethnic groups that are particularly plentiful in southern Florida?
                          Last edited by Todd; 06-29-2014, 12:14 AM.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Except they've done it multiple times. They're just dumb/bad judges of talent.
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                              Are there any ethnic groups that are particularly plentiful in southern Florida?

no, none

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                Except they've done it multiple times. They're just dumb/bad judges of talent.
                                Yeah this pretty much the problem.

Unfortunately the Marlins got scared with Stanton's injury history. He without a doubt should've been signed after that breakout 2012 season. He might've been one of the ten best players in baseball that year, and what better way to christen a brand new park (and question marks about the franchise) than signing Stanton long term in August when his hot streak really kicked in. Would've given the franchise good press given all the crap it was going through, Stanton at 22 years old wouldn't be turning down $60-70 million that would've taken him through a few free agency years, and everybody would've been happy.

In terms of young talent not many teams can match the amount of pure exciting talent under 25 years of age that has worn a Marlins uniform over the last decade and a half. It's incredibly unfortunate that all the exciting, fun, talented players the Marlins have brought over the years were traded instead of finding money to keep some of the more notable guys and building the structure for a viable contender year in and year out without having to break the bank horribly.

Comment

Working...
                                X