Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          Giancarlo Stanton 2012: New Orleans Can Suck His Dick
          eww that sounds dirty

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
            I think we can slightly un-worry.
            5 HR's in 7 days after weeks of him hitting laser ground balls

There was never anything to worry about offensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              5 HR's in 7 days after weeks of him hitting laser ground balls

There was never anything to worry about offensively.
              According to the thread title, we're worried.

Comment

• (also)
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Can't post it all because it's Insider, but Stanton and the new bark don't like each other. This is done using a HR factor of 75 for Marlins Park (which is up from what it's currently playing at: 70).

Comment

• He should eat his Wheaties more often

Comment

• Home run charts with the new park overlayed.

2010 Mike Stanton:

2011 Mike Stanton:

--------------------
                      Assuming all 5 of the home runs he would have lost from 2010-11 came in the new park, and they all went for outs instead of home runs (and not, say, doubles or triples which seems likely on at least some of them), his slugging percentage would tumble all the way to .502, from .524.

Of course, more likely, he would have hit half of those home runs on the road, meaning he would have actually lost on 2.5 home runs on average, and it seems fair to say that at least a couple of them would have gone for extra bases even if they weren't home runs in the new park, so the difference is likely even less drastic.
                      --------------------
                      Also, prior to this season, he only hit 23 of his 56 home runs at home anyways.

Either way, I'd like to wait more than 11 games before making any kind of declarations about the park.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-10-2012, 12:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

• That can't account for the psychological element though.

Comment

• I sincerely hope he doesn't become fucked up in the head because he got off to a slow start to the season and would lose a home run every 199 home plate appearances in his new park.
                          poop

Comment

• Those charts don't take into account the balls dying out in LF and CF in the new stadium though, right?

It's just based on the distances the balls went the last 2 seasons. It's a completely different environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              Those charts don't take into account the balls dying out in LF and CF in the new stadium though, right?

It's just based on the distances the balls went the last 2 seasons. It's a completely different environment.
                              Sure.

But I think that issue has been overblown. It hasn't really been a problem since the first few games, since we've mostly been playing with the roof and window closed.
                              poop

Comment

• touche, salesman

Comment

Working...
                                X