No announcement yet.

Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Longoria debuted on April 12, 2008 and signed that contract on April 19, 2008

that's definitely the same as a guy who has played 221 games and has 52 home runs already

good comp bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      Evan Longoria debuted on April 12, 2008 and signed that contract on April 19, 2008

that's definitely the same as a guy who has played 221 games and has 52 home runs already

good comp bro

we all love mike, but there is 0 chance he averages $10M a year in the contract. that's not the way it works. Sure at present, the guys is worth everthing in the world but u have to remember until he hits arb he makes at most $500K give or take. thats makes 2M over the next 4 yrs.

hope this helps explain it

Comment

• Go on....

Comment

• He's arbitration eligible after 2013. Thanks for explaining that to me though.

Comment

• He'll make at least 20 mil over the 3 years of arbitration. Plus 1 mil or so the next 2 years. So 21 mil over 5 years, very conservative. You want him to sign 5 years of free agency away for around 44 million when he'd get at least 75 million for those 5 on the open market. Do you understand now?

Comment

• im not gonna argue with either one of ya

ill bump this when the time's right

Comment

• Hanley got more money than 65 million for 6 years (70 mil) with about one more year of service time.

Comment

• I lol'd at "i'll bump this when the time is right".

Comment

• My favorite was "hope this helps explain it" after a bunch of wrong info

I enjoy Dotty

Comment

• ....J.... is that cocky guy at work who thinks he knows it all but is an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ....J.... View Post
                        ummmmm. let me put this in perspective for u. Evan Longoria gota 9yr 44 MIL if it plays out.

u sir, dont know what ure talkin bout
                        Evan Longoria signed that contract his 6th day in the majors. Stanton has over a year of service time bashing baseballs. Not comparable. Also, Longoria has a $17.5 million contract, and NON GUARANTEED OPTION YEARS which total out to the $44 level. u sir, don't know what ure talking about. 10 years $65 million is absurd.

This starts with Justin Upton and Carlos Gonzalez. Upton is making $51 million years 2-8 of service time, Cargo $62 million. Cargo also has a $20 million year 9 tac'd on, as the Rockies choose to sign him between years 2-3. Upton and Cargo each had .900ish OPS years preceding their deals, so performance wise we're really looking at the same. All can play defense, can run, have even more upside. Contractually, these are identical future superstar players that slot rather conveniently together.

As Mike is two years away from arbitration, unlike Gonzalez, I think slotting him closer to Upton is the contract. 7 years, $50-55 million. We're talking $60 tops if I am underestimating general inflation. (And I'm not sure the Marlins need to guarantee year 7, that one year can probably be an option.) No agent is turning down $50+ million for a 21 year old with under 2 years of service time that is market rate for other young stars and that would become a free agent at 29 years old.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                        He'll make at least 20 mil over the 3 years of arbitration
                        Howard made $44, Cabrera $33.7, Prince $33.5. I know you are low balling, but if he is a rock solid 35-100, it's going to be terrifying arbitration numbers and the Marlins are going to lose tens of millions. If you go to arbitration even one year, Ryan Howard made $86 million his first 8 years before his multiple contracts, and has $118 million (lol) signed on his backend for the Phillies to secure those early free agency years. Cabrera, made $75 million front 8, and has a more reasonable $86 million on the backend to secure those years. That's a lot of money that didn't necessarily needed to be spent. Prince is gonna get $180+ million in a few months.

Marlins must sign him before April 2013. It's not an option. I can easily make the argument this saves $30-40 million over the course of 3 arbitration and 2 free agency years. Totally insane.

Don't lowball this. We all must unify against this fucking idiot.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by ....J.... View Post
                        im not gonna argue with either one of ya

ill bump this when the time's right
                        PLEASE DO
                        Last edited by lou; 08-23-2011, 10:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• that was all for me

Comment

• I spent the whole time I was stuck in that bullshit thinking I wish Lou was here.

Comment

• This is totally off topic, but Ryan Howard had a 1.3 WAR in 2010 and currently a 1.2 WAR in 2011. Phillies are paying $40 million bucks these two years for maybe 3 wins.

Gaby Sanchez hasa 4.8 WAR 2010-2011. I just think this is really funny.

I will bump this when it changes.

Comment

• LMAO Lou

How is what u said any diff? My first said $65 for 10.....then I said the dollar amount was right but the years need to be worked out. I'm the idiot?????? The only thing I was adamant about was 100 mil was way off and 125-175 mil was not even close. GFY douche
                                --------------------
                                and the longoria contract was used for perspective for the 100 mil clowns in this thread.....not as a point of what Stanton gets
                                Last edited by ....J....; 08-24-2011, 06:46 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X