Clay Hensley Desginated for Assignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
    I don't think Joe Nelson and Kiko Calero are similar examples. They both had a career years for this team in a single year and then regressed to the mean. If this was last year it would be but Hensley was in his 2nd year with us last year where he got injured, moved back into a starting role where he sucked and then went back to the bullpen, where he really wasn't that bad. If he was making near the minimum I'd be complaining because he was decent in relief last year and was lights out the year before.
    He looked more like himself toward the end of the year, but he was pretty terrible at the beginning in relief, maybe because he was hurt. That's the only reason they tried him as a starter, in the first place; he couldn't hold his setup spot because he was terrible early on.

All in all, he had a 7.01 K/9, 4.21 BB/9, 3.88 FIP, 4.24 xFIP as a reliever. Probably got a little lucky too, considering he had a .257 .BABIP against.

I'm also guessing his K rate in '10 was a fluke. He had an abnormal (for him) start with his K rate that year, and then came back to life quite a bit, after.

A team like the Rays will probably take a chance on him. Seems like their type of guy.

Comment

Working...
    X