Clear All

• Clay Hensley Desginated for Assignment

@MarlinsMedia: #Marlins designate Clay Hensley
    /Twitter

There it is.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Well, that's the move for Reyes. We still need to make another for Buerhle unless Oveido/Nunez doesn't count because he's on the restricted list.

Actually, I just checked the roster on the Marlins site and we're at 41 without Hensley and Oveido. We still have one more move to make.
      Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 12-09-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Yup. Been saying this for a week that we'd have to do something.

Comment

I been sayin it. 15 damn years i been sayin it, aint i been sayin it Miguel?

Comment

All the comments on the Marlins website are how pissed they are they let Sanches and Hensley go. And some people still doesn't know what it meant lol.

Comment

I hate to let Hensley go but we have cheaper options that are just as likely to perform to the same standard. Hensley will catch on somewhere else and I wish him luck. This also will give him a chance to see if any team will see if he can reestablish himself as a starter. Not saying he deserves that with how he did starting last year but a bad club may take that chance.

Is it definite that Brian Sanchez is dfa or released?

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                All the comments on the Marlins website are how pissed they are they let Sanches and Hensley go. And some people still doesn't know what it meant lol.
                If there's one thing our fanbase is among the tops in baseball at, it's overrating and clinging to mediocre players.

Hensley sucked last year.

Comment

I often wonder and assume that every fanbase thinks that all their Chris Seddons are the best because they have followed them for a while and feel a connection to them (like mibs). Ya know? It can't just be us (not us us, but you know)), right?

Comment

Remember when we were assholes for not paying Joe Nelson and then he didn't make it through the next season?

And then we were assholes for not paying Kiko Calero and then he didn't make it out of ST.

Comment

I suppose the fact that most fans also know nothing about every other team's players also leads that to happen.

Comment

I don't think Joe Nelson and Kiko Calero are similar examples. They both had a career years for this team in a single year and then regressed to the mean. If this was last year it would be but Hensley was in his 2nd year with us last year where he got injured, moved back into a starting role where he sucked and then went back to the bullpen, where he really wasn't that bad. If he was making near the minimum I'd be complaining because he was decent in relief last year and was lights out the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                          Is it definite that Brian Sanchez is dfa or released?
                          He's already signed a MILB deal somewhere else.

Also, it's nit picky, but Kiko was an injury that the public didn't know about until ST and it ended his career. He was really good before he came here too (Finishes with a career 134 ERA+)

Comment

they're pissed because they think it's Hensley Ramirez and Anibal Sanches
                            --------------------
                            NOW WE GOT NOTHING FROM THE BECKETT/LOWELL TRADE!!!
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That's ridiculous. Sanches isn't top 8 on the depth chart if he were even still here. He has the least control on the staff. He is a nice pickup for the Phillies to live in the back of their pen/AAA depth because he is a MLB quality pitcher, but it's no big deal to cut him loose with what the Marlins have. Who knows if Hensley's arm is going to be ok, especially with what would have been a $2 million arb tender.

It's really obvious. I mean really obvious. I just don't get idiot town.

Comment

Working...
                              X