Marlins Trade John Baker to Padres for LHP Wade Leblanc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is mibs gone now?
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

See if Festa DFA'd her

Comment

No it doesn't and no I'm not. LeBlanc was likely picked up for organizational depth in case someone gets hurt again. It's not like we traded for Gio or Shields and signed Buerhle. Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by MK7 View Post
          pretty much solidifies a volstad trade or dfa, a rotation with both volstad and leblanc in it might as well not even show up for the year
          So I briefly skimmed through the teams and I think the "best" destinations for Volstad are Kansas City, Chicago Cubs, Pittsburgh, or Houston. In return for him, I see it similar to the Andrew Miller deal last year.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
            No it doesn't and no I'm not. LeBlanc was likely picked up for organizational depth in case someone gets hurt again. It's not like we traded for Gio or Shields and signed Buerhle. Nice try though.
            I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers but it really does. No need to pay Volstad 2M when they have basically the same guy but left handed for much cheaper.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers but it really does. No need to pay Volstad 2M when they have basically the same guy but left handed for much cheaper.
              Javy Vazquez is probably not coming back and we might not sign anyone; there's still hope!

Comment

Ah, but these are the new Marlins that are bidding on Pujols and Reyes. Money is not a concern anymore, right?

Comment

The difference is those players are good.
                  poop

Comment

Yeah well if we don't sign another pitcher or both of Reyes and Pujols (which isn't happening), the team is not built to win and paying Volstad would still be a waste of money.

Comment

It's simple:

>

Comment

Ah, but these are the new Marlins that are bidding on Pujols and Reyes. Money is not a concern anymore, right?
                        Doesn't mean they want to waste money.

Comment

If you get the same player but for cheaper, it makes sense to keep the more expensive one?

Comment

Money grows on trees with stupid faces

Comment

That was a joke that obviously you all missed.
                              --------------------
                              @JCRMarlinsbeat: Not out of options RT @daleja424 what sense does Leblanc make? He isn't a legit rotation option and he is out of options. I dot get it.
                              /Twitter

Answers the options question.
                              Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

That was a joke that obviously you all missed.
                                --------------------

/Twitter

Answers the options question.
                                You're correct. He has one option left.
                                Nope, that did.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X