No announcement yet.

Is the National Media Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't someone say the Cardinals offer is not as high as it is being reported to be and the marlins offer is being reported to be for 9 years and money reported is just pure speculation. Also tax rates which already has its own thread plays a significant role in determining whether the offer is going to make the player the most money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      has 9/190 been confirmed?
      No.

Comment

I know both deals don't have solid numbers but I have read various "insiders" report that the Marlins offer is less than $200 (Clark Spencer) and less than what the Cards have offered. I'm not sure who reported that I read that from various baseball writers at the GM Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
          WHY DO YOU FOLLOW THIS TEAM THEN?

LOL. r u for real??

was a marlins fan before los ratos came to town. also, i wouldnt be the first person in the history of the world to dislike the ownership of a team while still pulling for said team. its not as novel as u think

Comment

pujols's best is behind him and loria never liked signing long term contracts to older guys. even if the payroll is going into the 90s it doesn't mean theyre gonna sign pujols which would go against everythihng loria has done for decades

Comment

Originally posted by ....J.... View Post
              LOL. r u for real??

was a marlins fan before los ratos came to town. also, i wouldnt be the first person in the history of the world to dislike the ownership of a team while still pulling for said team. its not as novel as u think
              None of the shit you spew around here is correct.

Comment

So why waste everyone's time by throwing out some incredibly low offer ?

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                  You are 100% sure this is what they did?
                  poop

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post

dont confuse any1 w/facts around here.

Comment

Why are people calling it a low offer when all we know is that the deal is 9 years long? Also, it seems people are unaware of how contract negotiations work.

Comment

dont confuse any1 w/facts around here.
                        You are the dumbest fuckface

If you consider media rumblings and rumors to be fact, you are clinically retarded
                        --------------------
                        Also, type like you actually graduated high school please
                        Last edited by Metes; 11-17-2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

LOL. r u for real??

So you were OK with Wayne, who failed in his attempt to get a stadium so he dismantled a Championship team and sold it. You were were OK with John Henry, who lied about building a stadium himself, then cried poor, couldn't get state funding, and then found $700 million to buy the Red Sox. Yet you hate/distrust the people who stuck with the team even after many failed ballpark plans to finally get the park built and save baseball in South Florida?? That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
                            Also, type like you actually graduated high school please
                            He probably has not graduated high school. For all we know he never graduated kindergarten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              No, of course Pujols doesn't leave St Louis for a lesser offer. But this is Negotiations 101 people. Good heavens.
                              I understand this is a negotiation, but what does a lower offer than is already on the table from the Cardinals do for negotiations? Does it show the Marlins are interested? I would think Albert and his agent already know this from the meeting. If he isn't going to leave for less money, why offer less? It makes no sense. The Marlins know they will have to at least meet the Cards offer. I'm not a GM but I don't see how this helps the process of bringing Albert down to Miami. If they know they don't want to spend that much on him, then why make an offer? They could just ask him during the meeting if he would be willing to play here for less than what is offered in St. Louis. If he says no, don't make an offer and focus elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by shane2 View Post
                                I understand this is a negotiation, but what does a lower offer than is already on the table from the Cardinals do for negotiations? Does it show the Marlins are interested? I would think Albert and his agent already know this from the meeting. If he isn't going to leave for less money, why offer less? It makes no sense. The Marlins know they will have to at least meet the Cards offer. I'm not a GM but I don't see how this helps the process of bringing Albert down to Miami. If they know they don't want to spend that much on him, then why make an offer? They could just ask him during the meeting if he would be willing to play here for less than what is offered in St. Louis. If he says no, don't make an offer and focus elsewhere.
                                Cliff Lee took less money to go to Philly, Jered Weaver took less money to stay in Anaheim and not test free agency because he likes it out there. Javy Vazquez turned down more lucrative 2 year deals to sign with the Marlins last year.

And this is ignoring, no one knows what the Marlins or St. Louis offers are to sufficiently compare them and see if they are in the same ballpark or not.

To dramatic. I'm sure the Marlins didn't insult him.

Comment

Working...
                                X