Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenDavidoff Ken Davidoff
    #Mets have been told they'll receive the #Marlins' 2nd-round pick in 2012 draft, not 3rd-round, as compensation for Reyes
    sorry if this was already posted

Comment

• not if Wilson is signed.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• DPLennon David Lennon
        Reyes had fried chicken at Joe's Stone Crab w/ #Marlins. One official said he's still spooked by previous thyroid issue, avoiding shellfish

Comment

• Reyes pulled a Bill Clinton

Comment

• Still not high on Emilio Bonifacio just being handed a starting spot.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I mean, he did earn it last year

it's not being handed to him

ALSO, GO TO THE BUERHLE THREAD ASAP!

Comment

• Todd, when I negged you and said "get out of here" I meant it in a "c'mon, you can't seriously show up and come to this thread" and not a "go away and don't come back!" "get out of here"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  I mean, he did earn it last year

it's not being handed to him

ALSO, GO TO THE BUERHLE THREAD ASAP!
                  I would argue that Ozzie Guillen saying with "Reyes and Bonifacio hitting in front of Hanley" kind of points to him just being handed it.
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    Still not high on Emilio Bonifacio just being handed a starting spot.
                    I think he's earned it. This fangraphs article does a good job of explaining why he's so valuable:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/why-Emilio-Bonifacio-should start/

Comment

I would argue that Ozzie Guillen saying with "Reyes and Bonifacio hitting in front of Hanley" kind of points to him just being handed it.
                      I would argue that he fucking earned it in 2011.

Comment

• Yeah, Ozzie is saying that quote of yours that you are unable to add context to because of the way Bonifacio played last year. Asshole

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          I would argue that he fucking earned it in 2011.
                          Meh. He was awful his entire career until last year. He still didnt walk much and struck out a ton. He should have a very short leash as last year could very will prove to be entirely flukey.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Well the off-season isn't over, either. If the Marlins are as high on Cespedas as everyone says they are, he could end up not starting.

Comment

Meh. He was awful his entire career until last year. He still didnt walk much and struck out a ton. He should have a very short leash as last year could very will prove to be entirely flukey.
                              Meh=You're right.

Also, Bonifacio will be on a (relatively) short leash. Doesn't mean he didn't earn a spot in 2011.

Comment

• Bonifacio seems to be a favorite of Ozzie and Beinfest. He had a good year last season. He will be given what should be considered a starting role. I expect him to be used as a supersub once again unless everyone that is given a shot in center shows they have no business being on the team. I'm not saying I don't expect him to get a large number of starts in center because as the roster stands right now I do but I would like to see players receiving days off and he is the perfect player to shift around.

Comment

Working...
                                X