Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joelsherman1 Joel Sherman
    Reyes deal is backloaded with hope that serves as no-trade clause #Mets #Marlins
    I would definitely agree defensively but I wasn't sure if he meant all around or just offensively.

Comment

• At work so can't plop the excel, but Marlins expected payroll is $87 with a $10 million Reyes figure this year. Add $8 million if you want to keep Nunez/Volstad.

Much lower than I expected but cool.

Comment

• Does this increase the whole "Loria is getting the free agents to later trade them" thing? Have him for the cheaper years, then trade him? Not saying it'll happen, just wondering if others are thinking that.

Comment

• Friend of mine: "Who was that black guy sitting with the Marlins up there during the press conference?"

Me: Mike Hill the GM

Friend: Wait, who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Does this increase the whole "Loria is getting the free agents to later trade them" thing? Have him for the cheaper years, then trade him? Not saying it'll happen, just wondering if others are thinking that.
            22 a year makes him difficult to trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
              22 a year makes him difficult to trade.
              Yeah actually, on second thought, I agree.
              It would probably be a bigger concern if it was front-loaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Does this increase the whole "Loria is getting the free agents to later trade them" thing? Have him for the cheaper years, then trade him? Not saying it'll happen, just wondering if others are thinking that.
                I'd think it would be pretty damn hard to trade him when he making that much at a late age.

Comment

• $10MM the next two years is all kinds of amazing. Tells me they really expect to make another big signing.

/adds nothing
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• MikeRyan790 Mike Ryan
                    Jose Reyes will join @LeBatardShow at 3:15
                    for those interested
                    --------------------
                    BizballMaury Maury Brown
                    Very surprised the Reyes deal is backloaded. Going to make him hard to move. Marlins channeling Jim Hendry
                    lol
                    --------------------
                    LeBatard asked him if Hanley didn't want to move to 3B would he move to 2B instead and he said yes.
                    --------------------
                    Pretty awesome interview by LeBatard with Reyes right now.
                    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-07-2011, 02:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                      #Marlins have sold out of their Jose Reyes jerseys, dozens. Are re-stocking intime for tomorrow --- David Samson

Comment

• lol
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Here is where you can hear the Reyes interview:

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx
                          --------------------
                          DALLAS -- The thread that could begin unraveling Jose Reyes' $106 million deal at any time is no secret. It's his hamstrings, which, with another tug or two, will be classified as chronically bad.

And yes, the Marlins researched Reyes' physical issues before diving into the deep end with him.

"A lot," club president David Samson said. "We have spent a lot of time. It's a very big commitment, the largest commitment we have ever made to a player.

"He spent a lot of time with the doctor [Tuesday]. There were no surprises. We looked at every part of his body -- every part -- to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be."

Sorry, I didn't ask any, uh, probing questions regarding the every part of his body line.

"And his hamstrings, because that keeps coming up, right?" Samson continued. "We had an injury history. The fact is that we are very confident in his ability to manage his legs over the course of these six years to the point where he will still be able to out-perform this deal, which is still a key for us.

"We felt with this number, we are still in good shape."
                          http://scott-miller.blogs.cbssports....70335/33748811

Comment

• "We looked at every part of his body -- every part -- to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be."
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• So much for the firesale in 3 years conspiracy theories.

Comment

• Those theories are going to be out there until 3 years from now

Comment

Working...
                                X