• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeathBell21 Heath Bell
    Congrats to Jose Reyes. Goodtimes ahead! #reunitedanditfeelssogood
    Looks like Bell loves the twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
      Johan Santana is from Venezuela. He's as Spanish as you are English.
      Oh. See, I thought you just misspoke. Didn't realize you actually meant Spanish as in from Spain...

Comment

• The non-racist is the one who misspoke, though it's a common mistake. Someone from Latin America is not Spanish simply because they speak that language. I am not half-English, half-Spanish.
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
          Bonifacio
          Ramirez
          Infante
          G. Sanchez
          Stanton (half)
          A. Sanchez
          Sanabia
          Nolasco
          Mujica
          Ceda
          Caminero
          Benjamin
          Reyes
          Pujols
          Gio

15 out of 40 on the 'active roster' ain't bad (though, for the record, I'm pretty sure the Mets do not have any Spanish players)
          We don't have Gio and Pujols the last I checked and I didn't include the guys that likely won't be on the active roster (Ceda is borderline). Besides, Gio and Sanabia were also born in the US and Stanton is more Irish than anything else IIRC.

Comment

• Not that it matters because this discussion doesn't seem all that important but Gio grew up in Hialeah. You'd think you were still in a Hispanic country if you walked around there.

Comment

• Thought he was half Puerto Rican, no? His actual name Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Thought he was half Puerto Rican, no? His actual name Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton.
                I believe his mother is half black, half Puerto Rican. His dad is I want to say Irish but he may be something else, too. That makes him a quarter Hispanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  We don't have Gio and Pujols the last I checked and I didn't include the guys that likely won't be on the active roster (Ceda is borderline). Besides, Gio and Sanabia were also born in the US and Stanton is more Irish than anything else IIRC.
                  I don't want to seem mean or anything, but I think on this issue Hispanics are slightly better at judging who is and isn't considered part of the family. Being a natural born American citizen does not mean you suddenly go from being Gaby Sanchez to being Gaby Smith.
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

• Elboni_1 Emilio bonifacio
                    Felicitaciones a mi hermano #josereyes bienvenido a los nuevo #miamimarlins #loviste
                    Boni!
                    --------------------
                    Elboni_1 Emilio bonifacio
                    @JCRMarlinsbeat sii anoche me llamo de una vez!!! Para decirmelo!!
                    Says Reyes called him last night to tell him about it.
                    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• So he called Bonifacio but not Hanley? This relationship is already ruined!

/Berardino

Comment

• SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
                        Reyes physical today on $106M deal that includes $4M buyout on 6th year $22M option.
                        twitter
                        --------------------
                        joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                        #Marlins hoping to introduce Jose Reyes in Dallas on Wednesday. Possible they'll also do something in Miami on Friday
                        Party!
                        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• EyeOnBaseball Eye on Baseball
                          RT @DKnobler: Loria on Hanley moving to 3B: "Hanley is a super-professional. We will work with him, make everything comfortable for him."
                          twitter

Comment

• Hanley is Clark Kent

Comment

• Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
                              Sources: Hanley Ramirez has strong preference to remain at SS, but will handle matter with #Marlins professionally. #MLB
                              twitter

Comment

• Stanley needs to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dhrE_86BeI"]STFU and move[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X