No announcement yet.

Update: LoMo Filed a Grievance Against Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah seriously. That was some journey through the soul.

Comment

• I'm sure he hated life for a week

Comment

• A familiar face is in leftfield and hitting third for the first game of today’s doubleheader.

Logan Morrison – who is in the same spot he was in the night he was sent to time out by the Marlins.

And to realize what a fruitless exercise it appears to have been for the Marlins to demote the team’s second leading home run hitter and third leading RBI man 11 days ago, just listen to Morrison as he stood in the clubhouse trying to make sense of his exile to Class AAA New Orleans.

When asked if he has talked to anybody in the organization since the demotion, Morrison said, “I haven’t talked to anybody. I didn’t really care.”

When asked why he believes he was send down, Morrison said, “I have no idea.”

When asked how he will change, Morrison said, “I’ll be the same person.”

When asked what was accomplished by him being in New Orleans for 10 days, Morrison said, “I don’t know.”

When asked to describe his relationship with the organization, Morrison said, “I’m the baseball player and they provide the uniform.”

One other thing. On Tuesday Morrison tweeted his return about an hour before the start of the game against the Reds, saying “6pm flight to FLL. The Boogeyman is back!”

The post, though, disappeared a few hours later. Morrison said it was his decision _ not an order – to remove the post realizing that it may have been a bit insensitive considering somebody was either going to get sent down or released to make room for his return.

Dewayne Wise was designated for assignment.
        Logan Morrison returns wondering why he spent 10 days in New Orleans

Comment

• It's difficult to blame him for thinking that way.

Comment

• Whether he thinks that or not, he needs to shut his fucking yap about it.

Maybe he's really missing a father figure in his life.
            --------------------
            It will be fun when we trade him to Toronto with the other social outcasts
            --------------------
            What happened and the circumstances surrounding his demotion are issues Morrison is aiming to get beyond.

"I don't really have any control over it," the left fielder said. "I can't control if they're going to give me a reason or not, so I'm just here to play baseball and get the jersey dirty and help the team win games. That's all I can do.

"I just went down there and played hard, just like I did up here. That's all I know. I don't know anything else."

Sporting a Hanley Ramirez T-shirt, Morrison stood at his locker early in the afternoon, fielding questions from reporters.

"It hasn't been easy, but take it in stride and deal with it and just keep moving forward, keep pushing forward," said Morrison, who was back in left field and hitting third in the first game of a doubleheader against the Reds on Wednesday afternoon.

A fan favorite and promising talent, Morrison had a 10-minute chat with manager Jack McKeon before he addressed the media. The message being delivered to Morrison is to move forward and get behind the circumstances that led to him being sent down.

"He's a good kid, really," McKeon said. "I've talked to him earlier. He understands the situation. I'm sure you are going to see a different guy."

The Marlins optioned Morrison to the Minor Leagues shortly after he missed a mandatory event with season-ticket holders.

Did he view the move as a punishment?

"I don't know. I try not to think about any of that stuff," Morrison said. "It's hard enough hitting a baseball, so just kind of deal with that and go from there."

During his stint at Triple-A, the Marlins went 1-7.

Now back in the big leagues, Morrison is hoping to build on his .249 average with 17 homers and 60 RBIs.

"I'm not a .249 hitter, or .240 hitter, .250 hitter -- I see myself as more of a .300 hitter," Morrison said. "But it's part of the game -- the struggle. You have ups, you have downs, you have good seasons, you have bad seasons. Just take these next five weeks, work to get better and hopefully get the average up a little bit. If not, just grind it out and grind out at-bats and grind out games."

Morrison said he wore the Hanley Ramirez "H2R Boombah" T-shirt because it was in his locker.
            http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...ment_container
            Last edited by Ramp; 08-24-2011, 03:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• "Sporting a Hanley Ramirez T-shirt?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                Maybe he's really missing a father figure in his life.
                too soon, methinks
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I wasn't joking. Definitely something I have discussed with others.

Comment

• Unless he just refuses to say it publicly, it's pretty sad if he still doesn't know why he was sent down.

Comment

• He's coming off as a smug douche.

Comment

• If I was demoted and called up a week and a half later after doing the same exact things that got me sent down, I'd wonder why I was sent down in the first place, too.

What is he supposed to say today? "Yes, I totally changed since like last week. A week in the minors, knowing that I'm still making good money, sure taught me."

If the point was for him to learn a lesson, the Marlins front office failed. Not surprising considering they've failed all year, but whatever.

Comment

• Him wearing a Hanley Ramirez t-shirt is...priceless.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            If the point was for him to learn a lesson, the Marlins front office failed.
                            I disagree; it was a symbolic punishment. If he cannot or will not get the symbolism inherent in it, that's his fault. He's too proud, or self involved to get the message, and that's fine. We had our suspicions beforehand, and now it's confirmed, and you move on with that knowledge.

You send him down with the hope that he gets it and changes his tune. If he doesn't, well, at least now you know exactly what you're dealing with.
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                              Him wearing a Hanley Ramirez t-shirt is...priceless.

loved it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                If I was demoted and called up a week and a half later after doing the same exact things that got me sent down, I'd wonder why I was sent down in the first place, too.

What is he supposed to say today? "Yes, I totally changed since like last week. A week in the minors, knowing that I'm still making good money, sure taught me."

If the point was for him to learn a lesson, the Marlins front office failed. Not surprising considering they've failed all year, but whatever.
                                Oh. He was knocking Hanley in the minors, too?

I get him not answering the questions directly, but as was already stated; I don't like his condescending attitude about the whole thing. Seems to me like he just doesn't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X