No announcement yet.

Possible Free Agent Options For Marlins Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you honestly say that the Marlins look desirable after the shit has been going on recently? Regardless of whether or not you agree with the moves and such.

Comment

• You mean the Logan Morrison situation and them being bad?

I don't think a free agent looking at $40 million is worried he's going to get sent down for tweeting, and plenty of teams are bad.

I think people want to make money. Everything else is off to the wayside, and for every guy who thinks the Lomo situation is shitty, there's one who wants to live in a city with a major hub for latin american airports.
      --------------------
      Every team looks desirable if the money is there. It's impossible to say what each individual free agent looks at.
      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-21-2011, 03:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      poop

Comment

• So you don't think a free agent won't consider the appearance that the front office is a bit crazy if he has almost exact contract offers from another organization?

Comment

• I think a variety of things play into it. That's certainly a possibility. It's certainly possible, as we have seen in the past with guys like Delgado and Vazquez, at least, that there are other things which can push us ahead.

I'd be surprised if there's a massive or even signficant amount of players who would absolutely avoid us. If anything, the reaction of guys on this team to how they handled the Lomo thing has been overwhelmingly positive, so it could make them look good.

The point is, who knows? You're trying to psychoanalyze people you've never met on topics they've never publicly discussed.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
            I have already went over that.
            I never said he'd sign here.

I said the Marlins would probably be one of the teams trying to get him. Isn't that what realistic means?

The Marlins will probably throw an offer at him; whether or not he chooses the Marlins is up to him.
            --------------------
            The Marlins have, for the most part, not been a laughable organization under this front office, despite a limited payroll.

The core players are in place to compete. I'm sure players aren't stupid and realize this.

It's also Miami and a new stadium.

It's really not as terrible as some are making it out to be.

At the end of the day, it's mostly about the money, anyway.
            Last edited by Erick; 08-21-2011, 05:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
            X