No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't do James. I'd do anibal and Leo after thinking about it. I'd hope to get at least another piece added though.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
      Leo and James? Wow. He's not that good. And no ramp I've never met him so fuck off.
      you can't just say you don't like someone and then make a big deal about not telling us why and not expect some backlash (not really the word im going for here)

Comment

It's smart for the Cards, they need a closer and can use Anibal.

If I'm the Cards:

Sanchez, Leo > H.Bell

Comment

Chad James, basically our top pitching prospect.
          --------------------
          Also, if if that deal ever somehow happened the Cardinals would have Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia and Sanchez in their starting rotation. Of course this is all hypothetical.
          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-14-2011, 11:54 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Sanchez is going to go somewhere eventually. After this season I doubt he signs a "discount" deal and it's not like he has the best history with the FO. Leo is as good as gone. Might as well.
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

And Rasmus is a year removed for a .900 OPS in CF.

If we're assuming Anibal isn't getting extended, I like this move.

Comment

Wonder if Sanchez would sign a Nolasco like deal.

It's tough to trade him, we will have higher payroll next yr and Anibal is not a bad # 3.

Who fills in for Anibal, if he is traded by July 31st? Didn't Beinfest say he wants Hand to mature a bit more?

Also, what happens with Cogz?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  Wonder if Sanchez would sign a Nolasco like deal.

It's tough to trade him, we will have higher payroll next yr and Anibal is not a bad # 3.

Who fills in for Anibal, if he is traded by July 31st? Didn't Beinfest say he wants Hand to mature a bit more?

Also, what happens with Cogz?
                  Couldn't Cogz move back to the infield at 2nd next season with Infante likely leaving after this year as well?

Comment

I would imagine Bonifacio gets the first shot at 2nd next year.

Comment

Pretty sure he'll never go back to the infield with this org

Could be a nice trade piece or even a great bench bat

Comment

What about this year? Where do we stick Cogz for the rest of the season.

His value can't be that high in the trade market.

Comment

I know I said before that it would be dumb to trade pitching at the moment, but for Colby Rasmus, they can definitely have whatever they want. I'd include James as well, if that's what it takes to get the deal done.

Edit: On second thought, I'd rather keep James.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          I would imagine Bonifacio gets the first shot at 2nd next year.
                          Yeah, I think so too.
                          And he should.
                          Last edited by Erick; 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            you can't just say you don't like someone and then make a big deal about not telling us why and not expect some backlash (not really the word im going for here)
                            I didn't state my opinion because you always say I'm wrong so I felt I would lose no matt what I said. However, I just don't think he's that good. You all know I am not a stat guy so I won't say his "enter crazy stat here" is horrible or whatever. But I just don't think I want to give up what the Cardinals probably want for him.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                              I didn't state my opinion because you always say I'm wrong so I felt I would lose no matt what I said. However, I just don't think he's that good. You all know I am not a stat guy so I won't say his "enter crazy stat here" is horrible or whatever. But I just don't think I want to give up what the Cardinals probably want for him.
                              Look, I'm not trying to attack you but not being a "stats guy" pretty much says you fully believe what you see. Your eyes lie to you. You'll get much more respect around here and around the baseball community if you stop acting like a player does (as most of them only know counting stats RBI HR SB).

Comment

The only way you do that is if you immediately offer him 5/35 + $12 mil option or something.

But that gives you a Morrison-Rasmus-Stanton outfield under control until 2017, which is awesome.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X