No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guzio is there for the sole fact to get a rise out of callers. He's a guy from New Jersey that's a Knicks/Yankees/Dolphins fan that play the body language game and the intangible crap.

Comment

• Yeah, at least Sedano is a loud guy that is always wrong but luvs the Heat

Comment

• A host on a radio station that is partnered with the Miami Heat loves the Heat, shocking.

Comment

• I hate how they talk about the fish for 30 seconds and then talk about the heat and dolphins for hours, during their off-season which is in a lock out.

Have to love the sports brothers though, they give us a bunch of airtime.
          Last edited by Big Z; 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Back on topic I still wouldn't do Montero for Nolasco. Montero will not be a catcher in the major leagues. Last thing we need is another 1B
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• SIERA is an estimator of what a pitcher's ERA would be with average luck, defense, and park, by looking at other pitchers with similar strikeouts, walks, and ground ball rates in recent seasons. The stat goes a step further than similar estimators by accounting for the batting average on balls in play and home run per flyball rates of similar pitchers. Here's your trade candidate SIERA leaderboard from Baseball Prospectus:

Anibal Sanchez - 3.23
              Rich Harden - 3.28 (18 innings)
              Erik Bedard - 3.40
              Derek Lowe - 3.73
              Tom Gorzelanny - 3.80
              Ubaldo Jimenez - 3.84
              Chris Capuano - 3.84
              Wandy Rodriguez - 3.85
              Edwin Jackson - 3.86
              Ricky Nolasco - 3.88
              Brandon McCarthy - 3.90
              Ted Lilly - 3.97
              Hiroki Kuroda - 3.98
              Jeff Niemann - 4.19
              Brett Myers - 4.20
              John Danks - 4.31
              Aaron Harang - 4.34
              Jason Marquis - 4.40
              Javier Vazquez - 4.42
              Livan Hernandez - 4.50
              Jeremy Guthrie - 4.57
              Jeff Francis - 4.64
              Bruce Chen - 4.89
              Kyle Davies - 4.89
              Aaron Cook - 5.02 (38 2/3 innings)

There is a subjective element in choosing trade candidates - for example, it was my choice to leave off James Shields and include McCarthy. For the most part I tried to be inclusive, including players like Sanchez, Nolasco, and Jimenez even though they are unlikely to be dealt.
              Starting Pitcher Trade Candidates By SIERA
              Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Also Montero's power has kind of went missing.

Comment

• As the Marlins continue to creep towards .500, their trade plans seem to have become more concrete.

They will consider dealing Javier Vazquez, Leo Nunez and Randy Choate. They won't talk about Ricky Nolasco or Anibal Sanchez, or Josh Johnson.

"We were told 'no way' on Nolasco," said an official of one team that checked in with the Marlins in the last few days. "They want to build around Johnson, Sanchez and Nolasco moving into their new stadium."

Marlins people have suggested that if the team can get to .500 this week (they're three games under, as of Monday morning), they may not sell at all. It seems impossible that the Marlins could get back into the playoff race (they're 10 games behind the wild-card leading Braves), but they may still take a shot.

Vazquez has had a good run recently, with a 1.39 ERA over his last five starts. That includes interleague games against the Angels, A's and Rangers, but it's still hard to see any American League team taking a chance on him.

"I think he gets hives when he even flies over an AL city," one scout said.

Nunez and Choate could also be of interest to teams. Left-handed hitters are just 5-for-54 against Choate this year, with one walk, 23 strikeouts and with one double as the only extra-base hit. Nunez is 26-for-29 in save situations.
                  Marlins may make Vazquez, Nunez available

Comment

• The Yankees have asked about Nolasco and Sanchez

Supposedly the Fish said they were not interested at the moment however told the Yanks IF they consider dealing 1 they are looking at Ivan Nova,a Catcher(Romine,JR Murphy or Gary Sanchez) as well as other prospects to get a deal done. The main reason they are asking about our pitchers is because Colorado will not budge off of Montero.

Nunez name has also been mentioned however look for Heath Bell to get dealt first then which ever teams missed out on him will look at Nunez.

The names teams have asked about I am hearing are

Nolasco
                    Anibal Sanchez
                    Choate
                    Leo Nunez
                    Dobbs
                    Helms

Nolasco and Sanchez would COST alot tho

Comment

• Late by a post MBA.

Comment

• Didn't see it. First unread post took me to tjfla's.

Comment

• I don't know, I'd like to hang onto Choate. He's not that expensive and I can't imagine him fetching anything great in return.

Comment

• Somebody at idiotville said the Marlins should try and move Javy Vazquez to the Yankees for Jesus Montero!

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              Somebody at idiotville said the Marlins should try and move Javy Vazquez to the Yankees for Jesus Montero!
                              Lmfao..

Even if we'd trade Nolasco / Sanchez for a deal including Montero, where the hell would he play.

We can always flip him for something I guess.

Comment

• Montero has no value once he's off the Yankees. His status is a prospect owes entirely to the new york hype machine. He's dioner navarro
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X