Errors Cost Marlins, D-Backs Overcome Blown Save To Win Series 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    The Cishek/Badenhop comparison is just foolish.

Cishek has better stuff/a lot more upside than Badenhop ever had.

If he's not a part of the future here, Cishek will be a big league reliever on some other team. Guys like him are highly valued these days too in the big leagues if he can continue to prove himself at this level.

Ryan Webb got the Padres a CF'er with upside. Just saying. Cishek is much more Ryan Webb than Burke Badenhop.

8.2 K/9, 2.1 K/BB, 7.2 H/9, 0.4 HR/9 + the eye test we've had so far of him at the big league level = a guy who could probably be a legit 7th/8th inning guy one day.

He definitely doesn't have Ceda's upside, but I definitely don't see Cishek as "another Badenhop/what a waste of time" type of arm.
    In terms of stuff, Cishek and Badenhop are very similar, even in their deliveries to the plate.
    They both throw 88-92 sinker with good movement, and a sweeping slider.
    Webb throws 93-96 more often than not with a sharper slider.
    Im not debating that Cishek may have a higher ceiling than Burke ever had but in terms of stuff right now they are very similar.
    So I would not be against sending down Burke and keeping Cishek. I just think they are too similar of a pitcher in terms of stuff to need them both when we call up a 5th starter or Ceda.

Comment

Cishek averages 91-92 with his FB. Badenhop averaged ~89 with his.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
        We won't have 8 Relievers.. One is gone when we call up a starter.. Ceda replaces Hensley.. If Hanley goes on the DL they will call up a bat.

Ceda Fills the 7th inning.. Mujica, Sanches and Cishek/Hopper fill our mult. inning roles we don't need 4 of them.
        We have 9 relievers on the roster right now (Nunez, Dunn, Choate, Badenhop, Sanches, Mujica, Webb, Cishek and Hensley). True that one is gone when we call up a starter but we could just put Hensley on the DL, call up a starter and keep the other eight guys in the bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
          In terms of stuff, Cishek and Badenhop are very similar, even in their deliveries to the plate.
          They both throw 88-92 sinker with good movement, and a sweeping slider.
          Webb throws 93-96 more often than not with a sharper slider.
          Im not debating that Cishek may have a higher ceiling than Burke ever had but in terms of stuff right now they are very similar.
          So I would not be against sending down Burke and keeping Cishek. I just think they are too similar of a pitcher in terms of stuff to need them both when we call up a 5th starter or Ceda.
          So, the Wes Welker corollary?
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

I do not know exactly what that is...but maybe.

Comment

Comparing a white WR to Welker just because he's white.

Comment

Oh, then definitely. The similar skin color, delivery, high socks/stirrup approach, lanky sinker/slider guys get me everytime.

Comment

Working...
                X