Errors Cost Marlins, D-Backs Overcome Blown Save To Win Series 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, at least we came back with more new wins than losses
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

I'd imagine they call Ceda up when Hensley hits the DL and then send Cishek down when they need a starter.
      poop

Comment

Cishek's pitched well.

Ceda isn't going to come in and be a setup man or something, so I don't really see why everyone is so urgent to call him up.

If anything, I'd rather have Cishek on the team considering his ability to go 2-3 innings to save the rest of the pen in a game (as he did on Sunday).

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Ceda isn't going to come in and be a setup man or something, so I don't really see why everyone is so urgent to call him up.
          Better pitchers are better?
          poop

Comment

Ceda, Dunn, Nunez.. Everyone else in the middle..

Comment

I agree with Erick. Cishek has pitched well while he's been here. He even pitched well last year. No reason to send him down to give Ceda a test run.

Comment

He has 4 strikeouts and 2 walks in 8.1 innings. He's shown nothing either way in his time here to serve as a roadblock to a potential future closer.
                poop

Comment

Send the Hopper down then.. one of the two have to go.. Ceda has nothing left to prove in the minors and is a bigger prospect than either Hopper or Cischek

Comment

What's Cishek's ceiling? 6th guy in the pen? Low leverage middle reliever? Burke Badenhop? What's to be lost in sending him down?
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      What's Cishek's ceiling? 6th guy in the pen? Low leverage middle reliever? Burke Badenhop? What's to be lost in sending him down?
                      Exactly.. I guess you get to stay cause you haven't had a blow up inning yet

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                        Ceda has nothing left to prove in the minors and is a bigger prospect than either Hopper or Cischek
                        By 50 pounds, at least
                        Sanchez life

Comment

Originally posted by dgriot View Post
                          By 50 pounds, at least
                          True maybe to save money will pay him in big macs?

Comment

True maybe to save money will pay him in big macs?
                            Speaking of money, Ceda has 28 days of MLB service time. You bring him up 2nd week in July, you've probably avoided Super 2 land and the Marlins get an extra year of club control. Still matters even with the new stadium.

What would he throw in June, 8 innings? That's a steep price for literally a year of control.

Comment

Send the Hopper down then.. one of the two have to go.. Ceda has nothing left to prove in the minors and is a bigger prospect than either Hopper or Cischek
                              This matters why?
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

Because if he's a highly thought of prospect and he's dominating the highest level of development possible, it's time to get him in over some interchangeable relievers.

Comment

Working...
                                X