No announcement yet.

Hanley Ramirez to DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back injuries don't heal that fast. I don't feel great about him returning to form with the way he described the pain he had been feeling.

Comment

PHOENIX -- Hanley Ramirez could return to the lineup as early as Wednesday, but manager Edwin Rodriguez said he’s giving his injured All-Star a couple of extra days to give his stiff back more time to relax.

Ramirez told Rodriguez he felt much better Tuesday after performing some stretching exercises. Ramirez wasn’t in the lineup for the second consecutive game.

“He said he’s feeling much better ... so [Wednesday] is a possibility,” Rodriguez said.

“If he comes in [Wednesday] and he’s running and jumping and doing everything full speed, I would say” he can play.

But Rodriguez said that, with an off day coming up Thursday, he might wait until Friday to install the shortstop back in the lineup.

“I’d rather wait until Friday,” Rodriguez said. “At least he’s heading the right way.”
      Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/3...#ixzz1Nzqyv5tP

I foot one foot off the ledge. Even if he is out a couple weeks, this would be a huge win considering what it sounded like yesterday. ::knocks on wood::

Comment

The Marlins will decide Friday whether to place Hanley Ramirez (back, leg) on the disabled list.
        Ramirez missed a third straight game Wednesday due to lower back pain and tingling in his upper left leg. "We can’t keep going with only one shortstop," Marlins skipper Edwin Rodriguez told reporters Wednesday afternoon. "Pretty soon we have to make a decision." Emilio Bonifacio will continue to fill in at shortstop.
        Roto

Comment

They'll decide Monday now.

Comment

Ozzie gotta get a start at short at some point right?

Comment

Low back inflammation has kept Hanley Ramirez out of the lineup since last Sunday in Los Angeles.

Ramirez exited in the second inning against the Dodgers, and the Marlins' three-time All-Star has had limited to no baseball activities since.

The Marlins appear to be leaning toward placing Ramirez on the disabled list for the first time in his career.

As the club monitors Ramirez's situation daily, the 27-year-old shortstop was not available to come off the bench on Saturday.

"We're going to have to make a decision," manager Edwin Rodriguez said.

Ramirez is in the midst of his most frustrating season, batting .210 with four home runs and 17 RBIs in 48 games. He recently had an MRI exam, which revealed the inflammation but no structural damage.

The Marlins have been going with a short bench recently, with Ramirez not available the past six games.

The Marlins are looking at Monday to make a decision, because they will then make a corresponding move. They plan on calling up a pitcher to start against the Braves on Tuesday.

Until then, Emilio Bonifacio is starting at shortstop, and Ozzie Martinez is the backup middle-infield alternative.

Since winning the National League Rookie of the Year Award, Ramirez has not played in fewer than 142 games. While he missed the final three weeks of 2010, he was sidelined during the September callup period and therefore not technically placed on the DL.

From 2006-09, Ramirez played in no fewer than 151 games.
              Marlins leaning toward placing Hanley on DL

Comment

Hanley to DL retroactive to May 30.

Comment

Aren't we still short a bench bat now?

Comment

No more than we have been. Hanley's been off limits since he got hurt so we've already been short.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                      No more than we have been. Hanley's been off limits since he got hurt so we've already been short.
                      So tech still short a man.. thats fun.

Comment

Anyone know if he's been MRI'd?

Comment

Miri'd?

gross

Comment

Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                              Anyone know if he's been MRI'd?
                              Yes. The MRI showed that he had mild inflammation. Let me see if I can find where I read that.

Comment

Hanley most likely going to Jupiter this weekend for rehab starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X