Hanley Ramirez to DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury: Hanley Ramirez to DL

Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez said it's unlikely he'll play Monday in Arizona after leaving Sunday's game with lower back pain in the first inning of his team's loss to the Dodgers.

"Bad," Ramirez said of his back when asked by Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald.

Ramirez said his back has been hurting him, but got worse when he popped up in the first inning. He played in the field in the bottom of the first, but didn't return for the second.

"We'll find out [Monday]," manager Edwin Rodriguez said. "I have to find out what's the situation, what's the status with Hanley and then we'll go from there."

Rodriguez was referring to the team's roster makeup. the team is currently playing with a short bench because it's carrying 13 pitchers on the roster. The Marlins start a three-game series in Arizona before an off day on Thursday, followed by the start of an 11-game homestand on Friday.
    http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbsspor...97882/29667312

Sucks, but honestly, Ozzie Martinez could OPS better than Hanley's .615 and give us better defense.

Of course, we'd play Bonifacio.

Comment

lol u mad, bro?

The way things are going, I don't mind if Hanley needs to take a 15 day dl stint. Perhaps he'll come back and be able to play better than the crapfest that has occurred so far this season.
      Last edited by Chewford; 05-30-2011, 09:58 AM.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Could be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Bonifacio is hitting .137/.233/.137 since May 5

His little stretch was really fun, but that party's over

Comment

They need to DL him. If not for his back but to get his head straight at the plate and he could do a rehab assignment too. Bring Ozzie back and play him.. Bonifacio needs to stay on the bench as he can play mult. spots in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              Could be a blessing in disguise.
              agreed... not like we're missing anything with him out

Comment

Gotta wonder if this is something that has been bothering him all season.

Comment

joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                  Hanley Ramirez -- I’m getting tingling in my (upper left) leg. That’s not a good sign. #Marlins
                  JCRMarlinsbeat Juan C. Rodriguez
                  Hanley: "I think that’s the worse pain I’ve ever had in my life, in my career.” #Marlins
                  Hanley Ramirez -- I cant even put my shoes on. 2 get up from bed I have 2 take 10, 15 seconds. worst pain Ive ever had in my career #Marlins
                  clarkspencer clarkspencer
                  Hanley Ramirez said he's had back issues for awhile but didn't tell anyone and tried to play thru it. #Marlins
                  Hanley Ramirez hoping to avoid DL but says he's in lot of back pain, left leg tingling. Not sure if return date #Marlins
                  clarkspencer clarkspencer
                  #Marlins Hanley Ramirez says stiff back is worst pain he's ever felt in his life, stood the entire flight to Phoenix
                  I think he's going to be out for a while.

Comment

Maybe this is why his power is gone....?

Not good. This doesn't sound like a blessing in disguise, this sounds like a long term kind of problem.

Comment

I wonder how long is long.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Usually twice half its length.

Comment

I meant as far as how long it's been bothering him. It could explain a lot. That or Hanley just sucks.

Comment

Comment

Damn y'all just don't get my sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                              X