Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anibal And Gaby Sanchez Help Marlins Salvage Final Game In Series Against Nats 8-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Dobbs is pretty damn cool.

I doubt this can last, but he's been outstanding.

Comment

I'd love to see them move Gaby to the 3 hole and Hanley back to leadoff, especially if Edwin's OK with Cogs 2.

Comment

I think we're gonna see Boni in the leadoff spot until a 1-23 run stops it.

Edwin's wanted him in the every day lineup.
        poop

Comment

I guess I'm OK with that. But you figure at some point, LoMo comes back and Bonifacio sits.

I mean, unless you think we'll sit Coghlan or Infante.

Comment

Bonifacio's gonna get 80% of the at bats at 3rd, I would think.

The thing to keep in mind with Bonifacio is he's clearly overperforming thanks to a super high BABIP, but even if you normalize his production for a .333 BABIP (what he had last year), his batting average would drop to .277, but his overall line would still be something like .277/.340/.390. The average NL 3B is .259/.329/.384 right now, so given his baserunning skills, he'd actually be (gasp) an above average offensive option at the position.

Of course, this is all dependent on him sustaining this power increase (unlikely) and the K rate decrease (which I actually think is somewhat likely.) But if those things are at least somewhat legitimate, he can probably end up being an average option at 3B.

Of course, that's totally optimistic, and it kind of ignores his track record too much. But still, it's not totally out of the question.
            poop

Comment

I could see Bonifacio get the at bats against lefties instead of helms at 3rd.. Dobbs is gonna start against righties til he comes back down.

Hanley to leadoff would make sense cause he is still walking at a decent clip and can be a threat to steal. Cogs in the 2 hole with LoMo 3rd.

Boni can spell everyone from LoMo, Cogs, Infante, Hanley & Dobbs to get plenty of playing time.

Comment

Bonifacio at 3B makes me uncomfortable. I guess it's preferable to Helms, but still, not a really good option. For all his shortcomings, I'd rather Donnie Murphy out there.

Comment

Over an admittedly very small sample, Bonifacio's been good at 3B over the last two years, and he passes the eye test for me right now.
                  poop

Comment

I'm infinitely more comfortable with Boner at 3B over Wes Helms. I can't believe I just said that. Helms and Dobbs have zero range.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                    I'd love to see them move Gaby to the 3 hole and Hanley back to leadoff, especially if Edwin's OK with Cogs 2.
                    Hanley needs to hit 6th for awhile. No real pressure to put up Hanley numbers. With the Phillies coming in, he should be nowhere near the top 5 in the lineup.
                    Last edited by Party; 05-08-2011, 07:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

6 is quite near to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        6 is quite near to 5.
                        lol
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                          Bonifacio at 3B makes me uncomfortable. I guess it's preferable to Helms, but still, not a really good option. For all his shortcomings, I'd rather Donnie Murphy out there.
                          More uncomfortable than the other options? He runs the bases well and actually has range on defense, to go with what seems to be an improved outlook at the plate. I'm a huge fan of him getting 3B once LoMo returns to LF.
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

Hey, I'm all for finding him AB's, but I'm not sure I'm ready to make him a starter at 3B, especially with Dobbs hitting the way he is.

Comment

They're both playing way, way, way over their heads. I'm ok with not naming either the starter. But Bonifacio brings a lot more to the table than Dobbs. He should get more ABs.
                              poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                They're both playing way, way, way over their heads. I'm ok with not naming either the starter. But Bonifacio brings a lot more to the table than Dobbs. He should get more ABs.
                                Sure. Bonifacio gets the lefties, and they split the righties based on whose hitting better, needs a day off, history with pitcher, etc. It's neat Dobbs has 66 PA against RHP, and 1 PA against LHP. He is 0-1, 1 K. That's pretty awesome shielding so far by the Marlins.

The goal is to never play Wes Helms.

---

And I agree I like the idea of moving Hanley back to 1, cementing Coghlan into 2 (as the lefty), and then playing musical chairs 3-4-5. Maybe Hanley gets going being back in his first spot. It's worth two weeks at least before a move to 6-7 land.

Comment

Working...
                                X