No announcement yet.

Marlins Do the Unthinkable, Beat Down Pirates in Three-Game Sweep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm sure all teams have at least one fan who irrationally thinks the #5 starter is gonna win the Cy Young if they just give him 4 more years to suck and then he'll be good and so that makes the rest of them hate him more than they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
      I was doing a sarcastic bit of what someone did in some game thread a week or two ago. Or what I remember someone doing. What I think someone did. What maybe someone did.
      Ah.

I should have known.
      poop

Comment

I mean if we were all Pirates fans and mibs liked Ross Ohlendorf, we'd all hate him.

Chris Volstad is Ross Ohlendorf
        --------------------
        I just pulled his name out of my ass and then looked at their stats and yeah, same guy
        Last edited by HUGG; 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          I mean if we were all Pirates fans and mibs liked Ross Ohlendorf, we'd all hate him.

Chris Volstad is Ross Ohlendorf
          Which is fine. What people need to realize is Ross Ohlendorf isn't the reason the Pirates suck. It's the other 11 Ohlendorfs they run out there as the rest of their pitching staff every year.
          poop

Comment

Right, but the reality is a lot of the people here don't hate Volstad because of Volstad. They hate him because of his Baghdad Bob on this board.

I know for a fact that a lot of us LIKED him and we're rooting for him to turn it around until the campaign of lies & excuses started.

Comment

I think there are people who just hate him.
              poop

Comment

I root for him to fail so I can ehe at the excuses.

"He was tired from running the bases!"
                "HE WAS BORED FROM PLAYING VIDEO GAMES FOR 10 DAYS"
                --------------------
                I think another thing that hurts him is he has a really stupid face.
                Last edited by HUGG; 04-21-2011, 09:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I root for him to fail so I can ehe at the excuses.

"He was tired from running the bases!"
                  "HE WAS BORED FROM PLAYING VIDEO GAMES FOR 10 DAYS"
                  And if I stop posting about him, then what will you do?

Comment

I think another thing that hurts him is he has a really stupid face.
                    Yeah, this is what I was going to say. His face is so dumb.

Comment

The good news is that he really only has to give us 5 quality innings this year because I trust JJ, Nolasco, and Anibal to get us deep into games, more often than not. Keeping the deep bullpen rather fresh when Volstad and Vazquez go out to the mound. Vazquez has been an innings eater throughout his career, so maybe he can at least do that this year, as well.

Comment

Tonight, our Savior Christopher Volstad slaughtered the Marauders from the City of Three Rivers and with the help of Jupiter established a new peace over our lands. Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                          And if I stop posting about him, then what will you do?
                          Then it eventually dies down but you can't help yourself sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            The good news is that he really only has to give us 5 quality innings this year because I trust JJ, Nolasco, and Anibal to get us deep into games, more often than not. Keeping the deep bullpen rather fresh when Volstad and Vazquez go out to the mound. Vazquez has been an innings eater throughout his career, so maybe he can at least do that this year, as well.
                            that was kind of what I said in yesterday's post game. If the colletion of Anibal, Volstad, and Vazquez can be league average, we'll be fine because JJ and Nolasco are going to give us a great chance to win when they are on the mound.
                            poop

Comment

Right now, I think Koehler gives you a mid to high 4 ERA while eating a ton of innings. Obviously that's not ideal, but might be better than what we're going to have. Even if it's not, he doesn't have a dumb face and he's an adequate dancer.
                              --------------------
                              Also. Yay for Big Mike's first shot of the year. It's pretty amazing to seemingly struggle like he has and still OPS .823 with good D.

Also. Yay for the win.
                              Last edited by Bucklin12; 04-21-2011, 10:11 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              Christian Yelich
                              LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                              12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                              100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                              .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Not enough talk about us finding a way to sweep the Pirates. And have Matt Diaz go just 2/5 with no runs driven in. We are in a bizarro world.
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X