Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omar Infante 2011: He Was an All-Star!

@Manny_Navarro
    Struggling #Marlins 2B Omar Infante (.206) said he watched film of himself from this spring to fix his swing.

@Manny_Navarro
    #Marlins 2B Omar Infante said he's starting his swing too early, opening up and not recognizing pitches well enough.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

@CloudyOverNight

#Marlins 2B Omar Infante needs to bat lower in the line-up.

Comment

@PickUpAndDropOff

At least Infante is awesome with #theglove
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

Once a Marlin killer, always a Marlin killer.

Comment

Hitting .389 since this thread was started

of course, he had a .220 BABIP at the time, so nothing really surprising about him heating up

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Hitting .389 since this thread was started

of course, he had a .220 BABIP at the time, so nothing really surprising about him heating up
            I would have guessed that he was hitting a lot of grounders and fly balls with that BABIP, I'm most likely wrong. What site offers those types of stats(LD%, GB%, FB%) beause i've looked around and couldn't really find them anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              I would have guessed that he was hitting a lot of grounders and fly balls with that BABIP, I'm most likely wrong. What site offers those types of stats(LD%, GB%, FB%) beause i've looked around and couldn't really find them anywhere.
              Baseball-Reference and Fangraphs.

Comment

fangraphs is the best.
                poop

Comment

Where in baseball-reference is it?
                  --------------------
                  Ah there we go, Fangraphs is much easier to find it in.
                  Last edited by MiamiHomer; 04-24-2011, 04:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Where in baseball-reference is it?
                    --------------------
                    Ah there we go, Fangraphs is much easier to find it in.
                    In BR, you gotta click the "more stats" tab and scroll down for "advanced batting" and "ratio batting" stats.

But I also prefer fangraphs, anyway.

Comment

This is random, but does anyone know if Infante has a leg problem? He seems to limp a lot/have some trouble whenever he's running the bases.

This has nothing to do with the play at 3B tonight, btw. Just something in general. Noticed it earlier in the year, and also on that 3-run triple he hit yesterday he was limping and grimacing, as he reached 3B.

Comment

I would like to see:

CC
                        Boner
                        Gaby
                        Stanton
                        Hanley
                        LoMo
                        Buck
                        Infante

Just until Boner cools off. At that point, maybe LoMo in the 2 hole.

Comment

I don't think there's a reason to move Infante atm, he's getting a lot better.

Hanley, on the other hand.....
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

Hanley should be hitting no higher than 6th at this point until he starts hitting again. He looks turrible.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I thought the last two games were just about the best he's looked since the OMG Hanley phase of the season.

Also, big time fan of dropping Infante, but Boner can't hit second. He'd have to leadoff. The two hole, especially with a old-school type manager like Edwin is a bunting spot in the order (dumb, but rather than fight it, accept it) and Emilio is an awful bunter. I also think there's some merit in keeping Emilio 8th for the old-school manager thought of "turn the lineup over." Right now, Cogs and Gaby are our two best hitters, I'd really like to make sure they keep having a good chance of batting in the same inning, Infante 8 may not do that. (I hate myself a lot for that last thought, but it made sense to me even if it is way too crusty old baseball mind).

Comment

Working...
                              X