Rainy Day Peripherals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    I think his tendency to not make contact is the reason he is sucking.
    He's striking out at an almost identical rate as last year, and he did not suck last year.
    poop

Comment

What is his contact % compared to last year? I am only going by what I remember seeing but I he's missing a lot of pitches he shouldn't be.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      What is his contact % compared to last year? I am only going by what I remember seeing but I he's missing a lot of pitches he shouldn't be.
      I looked it up and I am both right and wrong.
      Last edited by Mainge; 04-18-2011, 01:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

64% compared to 70% last year. So, not insignificant, but not so much that it's worth assigning his struggles to, imo.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          64% compared to 70% last year. So, not insignificant, but not so much that it's worth assigning his struggles to, imo.
          Last year he made contract 55% of the time when swinging at pitches outside the zone, this year its at 34%.

I imagine that plays a part.

Comment

Probably, but it's also only 35 PAs, so if he has one bad at bat where he swings and misses at like 3 pitches out of the zone, it could skew that entirely.

Rate stats early in the season are really volatile. Hard to really take anything out of them.
            poop

Comment

Yeah I'm aware.

Comment

Stantons problem right now is identifying the breaking ball and he is late on the 93mph fastballs. Him not playing a lot in spring and to start this season. He needs time to adjust. He had problems last yr and broke out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  The Morrison stat is surprising.
                  You got extra points for telling the Crawford Boxes "I must break you"
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Are you THE Cambridge?
                    Perhaps, I was on T&B and MB if that is what you mean. Otherwise I am not a city, no.

Comment

Working...
                    X