Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're creating strawman arguments like "Criticize the jump if you want..."

NOBODY FUCKING DID THAT!

All people are saying is that if he ran through, he probably doesn't have to dive, and that most major league CFers also can make that catch.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      Oh my god. Have you read anything I've posted in this thread? Are you fucking joking?

When did you become an idiot?
      I honestly feel the same way about you these days and am very confused what has happened to you the last few months with this overly nitpicky arguments

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        I honestly feel the same way about you these days and am very confused what has happened to you the last few months with this overly nitpicky arguments
        Uh...

I have used the words "nice" and "good" about the catch, I also said "oh my godness" at the time, because at the time, in the moment, it was fucking awesome, and you are saying I am amongst a group of people who are "just haters." I am a hater because, after having watched it numerous times and given the time to reflect on it, I have not chosen to use words like "[he's] the man," "epic," "amazing," "awesome." And you're fabricating bullshit strawman arguments that nobody is making.

You criticized Randy Choate for not getting the one guy he faced out, and you're gonna criticize anyone for "nitpicking?"

Are you serious?
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-15-2011, 01:00 AM.
        poop

Comment

• Longest post game thread of the season.

Good job with the ridiculous thread title MH

Comment

• And yeah! You're gonna fucking knock me for "nitpicking" when you quibbled with the usage of the word "masterful" to describe a bullpen that fucking went 4 innings, allowed 4 base runners, struck out 3 and allowed no runs?

Come on!
            poop

Comment

• Since I refuse to listen to them, do Rich and Tommy yell stuff like "WHO SAYS HE CAN'T PLAY CENTERFIELD!?" every time he makes a diving catch?

Seems like something they'd do.

Catch was cool, there's about 30 just like it every week.

Comment

• He's made like 6 better catches this season!
                poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  Since I refuse to listen to them, do Rich and Tommy yell stuff like "WHO SAYS HE CAN'T PLAY CENTERFIELD!?" every time he makes a diving catch?

Seems like something they'd do.

Catch was cool, there's about 30 just like it every week.
                  I had the game on mute. Sometimes I forget to mute it and they say stuff that lou might say and it bothers me.

Comment

• http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13562055

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13475631

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13406855

Each of those three catches are definitely more tough than the one he made tonight.
                    poop

Comment

He's made like 6 better catches this season!
                      That one when he had a full extension dive was one I thought he kinda just made look better than it was. Although I could be wrong on that, too. Who knows?

The one where he caught it on the run and bumped into the left-centerfield wall at Dolphin/SunLife/whatever it's called this year was one I thought was pretty legit.

He didn't catch one in Houston on Sunday that I thought an average CF'er would've gotten to.

Those were the three plays before tonight that kinda stick out in my mind.

I thought the one tonight was still better than that full extension dive one, though. My memory might be failing me, but on that one, it seemed like he caught it and then just flat out dove, completely AFTER the catch.

Either way, I think we can all agree that we're glad he's not an embarrassment out there so far, defensively. I honestly expected him to be a lot worse. Like, Logan Morrison in LF funny.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      The one against Ike Davis was nice; I had forgotten about that one.

The full-extension one seems better than I originally thought, as well.
                      Last edited by Erick; 04-15-2011, 01:09 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        My memory might be failing me, but on that one, it seemed like he caught it and then just flat out dove, completely AFTER the catch.
                        He dove, therefore he had to?

He's been our best outfielder so far this year.

Comment

Those are bad ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post

I thought the one tonight was still better than that full extension dive one, though. My memory might be failing me, but on that one, it seemed like he caught it and then just flat out dove, completely AFTER the catch.
                            2nd link I posted.

Going back on a ball and diving with your back to home plate is always more difficult than running parallel to home plate. It wasn't a dive, but he needed to jump to catch it, because if he didn't, he would have had to make a really tough over the shoulder catch while running in full speed, which is really, really hard to do.
                            poop

Comment

• Criticizing and stating a fact are completely different issues. Randy Choate did not get the out tonight, fact. Not criticism. I haven't said anywhere Randy Choate sucks, in fact I even said I like him, and I've always liked that signing when it happened. However, if Coghlan then doesn't make that play and the Braves score three runs, you would see in all the papers, on the radio, on the boards, everywhere, that here we go again, this is the same old bullpen, our LOOGY can't get guys out, Sanches is going to regress like the scouts think, we're still giving up leads, etc. I'm not saying this is a good reaction, I agree with Beef that you can't make these assertion on a sample size so pathetically small, but you know it would have happened if he doesn't make that play. And that was a really fucking good play whether you want to accept that or not. Already said maybe I was a bit excited due to the circumstances, but that was nowhere near routine and you guys are really selling him short at the same armlengths you think I'm giving him to much credit. You don't get 30 of those catches a week. Maybe a dozen, which is still a lot, but come on. I quibbled Bob, because the Marlins got really lucky they didn't give up 3 runs in that inning. With one extra step or foot or whatever from Coghlan or where that ball was going to land, no one is talking about the bullpen's "masterful" job. That's the point. We're literally a foot away from loving or hating the bullpen, and the reason for it is Coghlan. Woe is me for making a comment giving Coghlan major fucking kudos for making that catch and saving the game when its not previously addressed. I'm an idiot.

Those are other catches are great too, we're not here putting a degree of difficulty on every play. Why can't all of the plays just be awesome?

Comment

• lou, I think you're hanging out at the other board too much

you won't find many here bashing the bullpen should they get shelled in a game... we all realize the bullpen is vastly improved and they are going to get hit at some point... it's going to happen

it's a pretty smart group here (for the most part, and on most subjects involving baseball)

and if everyone on the other site loves the Coghlan play so much, maybe that's when you should start thinking, "maybe it was just a slightly above average play"

Comment

Working...
                                X