No announcement yet.

Bullpen Masterful As Marlins Take Series in Atlanta, 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Coghlan caught a ball and the Marlins won.

Erick didn't show any of us proof to help prove the stupid shit either of you were saying but required everyone else to show proof. (Video was posted on page 2)

Comment

• It's a nice catch. Fuck. Come on.

Like, nobody that is serious is taking away from him. You're saying it was an amazing and fantastic catch. It was just good.

How does good=everyone hates Coghlan?
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
        Yes, Coghlan caught a ball and the Marlins won.

Erick didn't show any of us proof to help prove the stupid shit either of you were saying but required everyone else to show proof. (Video was posted on page 2)
        I didn't notice the video until you just mentioned it (it's been a lot of posts).

Also, I admit I was wrong, at this point.

Comment

• Wow. Using what a player said to the media and the tag that MLB video people gave a video. Holy shit. Like Mainge said, that's Mibs territory.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I didn't notice the video until you just mentioned it (it's been a lot of posts).

Also, I admit I was wrong, at this point.
          It's not that you were wrong about the play itself.

You were wrong to respond to all of those posts with "prove it". You could have either tried to prove it yourself, watched the video proof, or realized that a lot of us do not have the capabilities to post the individual shots that Ramp posted so that proof beyond the video proof was ridiculous to ask for.
          Last edited by Beef; 04-15-2011, 12:31 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Coghlan does have like the worst hair. It doesn't even make sense to me.

Do you smoke crack?

His hair is freaking awesome.

Comment

• Soooong, song of the south. Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth.
              poop

Comment

• The catch made me happy. All that matters.
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Wow. Using what a player said to the media and the tag that MLB video people gave a video. Holy shit. Like Mainge said, that's Mibs territory.
                  --------------------

It's not that you were wrong about the play itself.

You were wrong to respond to all of those posts with "prove it". You could have either tried to prove it yourself, watched the video proof, or realized that a lot of us do not have the capabilities to post the individual shots that Ramp posted so that proof beyond the video proof was ridiculous to ask for.
                  Fair enough. I don't have those capabilities either, to be honest; that's why I didn't present them.

And kudos to Ramp for providing the pictures, btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    Coghlan does have like the worst hair. It doesn't even make sense to me.

And you're still criticizing Choate because he didnt get the one guy he faced out. If you're gonna say you aren't expecting perfection, you're doing a great job of going against what you are saying after you say you're first thing.
                    What I have been saying is, if Coghlan doesn't save the day, everyone would be bitching endlessly at the bullpen for being the same old shit as last year. And then a, Coghlans catch is routine at best thread developed. If you don't believe that here's cites, since we of course have to cite everything here because everyone is constantly under cross examination. Choate gave up a hit, he didn't do his job, if that led to runs people would bitch. What the hell? What is wrong with this? I even like Choate, I just don't see why making a game saving diving catch in center field is so fierce?

Of course they overall pitched well because of the later three, but given the situation, that catch was the play of the game. He bailed them out hard. That's at minimum a bases clearing triple if not an inside the park if it gets under him, and how many times have we watched this team not recover from a blow like that. Everyones bitching at Choate and Sanches if Coghlan doesn't make that catch. Chris Coghlan is the man.
                    Exactly. And I didn't say they pitched poorly. Besides Sanches getting lucky by Coghlan, and sure add in the exact fielding metric zone it was hit too also, the bullpen blows that game and everyone is bitching about how the bullpen sucks. They got fucking lucky tonight. And it's mainly because Coghlan pulled that catch out of his ass.
                    That was an awesome play as a play itself, and even more so because of the moment. If that play isn't made, Marlins lose and everyone is bitching at the bullpen instead of praising them. No one is blaming Coghlan for missing a diving catch, and I can't believe some of you are going to the extent that he didn't have to dive. Maybe he gets a better jump on it? Maybe he is positioned in the outfield and shading more to where he wouldn't need to jump for it? But christ, he needed to jump for it to make that play. It's that easy. I guarantee you massive bitching "same old shit as last year" and no one blames Coghlan for that one.

Comment

• If everyone is bitching about the bullpen and saying same old shit as least year because of one blown game, then everyone is fucking stupid and I'm not basing what happened and what people should think based on stupid assholes.

Also, if everyone is bitching about the bullpen after the should-be third out of the inning wasn't recorded because the CF doesn't make a catch that he has to make, then everyone would be a stupid asshole.
                      --------------------
                      Also, you didn't bold the parts where you said he pulled the play out of his ass, and it was rather amazing, and was really really amazing, etc. etc.
                      Last edited by Beef; 04-15-2011, 12:41 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• By the way, I think I agreed with every move Edwin Rodriguez made tonight. It's rare that I agree with every move a manager makes in a game, so that was awesome.

Fredi Gonzalez, on the other hand, let his lefty pitch to John Buck with .RISP in the 7th inning. Not surprising that came back to bite him in the ass.

Comment

Wow. Using what a player said to the media and the tag that MLB video people gave a video. Holy shit. Like Mainge said, that's Mibs territory.
                          No, because it seems only myself and Erick believe Coghlan did anything above average in that play, which is insane, but when we look outside the elitist corridor of this small forum, there is much more information. Who doesn't love sample size? It's really fucking stupid to dismiss someones opinion on a play because they aren't posting on this board when all it is, is an opinion. The only "fact" here, is that one defensive metric, which isn't explained very well, which suggests the play is made by an assortment of other CF.

Furthermore, I'm going to do it again. You guys are really just haters. Which is amazing because it's our own player. And yea, I think Conrad is fucking bonkers nuts with the comment, but chalk up Braves beat writer and the guy who hit the fucking ball at least "slightly over" the routine level.

He stroked a line drive to right center where he was robbed by center fielder Chris Coghlan on a diving catch to end the inning.

“It seems like you have to hit it over the fence if you want to do any damage with that guy playing out there in center field,” Conrad said. “He runs everything down. Unbelievable center fielder, he made a huge play at the right time.”
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Beef View Post
                          If everyone is bitching about the bullpen and saying same old shit as least year because of one blown game, then everyone is fucking stupid and I'm not basing what happened and what people should think based on stupid assholes.

Also, if everyone is bitching about the bullpen after the should-be third out of the inning wasn't recorded because the CF doesn't make a catch that he has to make, then everyone would be a stupid asshole.
                          --------------------
                          Also, you didn't bold the parts where you said he pulled the play out of his ass, and it was rather amazing, and was really really amazing, etc. etc.
                          Like I said before a 2B turned 3B turned LF injured nearly a year turned to 3B in the offseason, then to CF in the offseason to make that catch, which is nowhere near routine full speed and going airborne is amazing. I'm not saying this is Dewayne wise chicago, or Gary Matthews home run rob in texas (which may be my favorite), but you're simply obtuse if you want to just say that's a whatever play every guy makes. Its not.

And I do agree, I think people should let a sample size develop before basing a conclusion on the bullpen, but I guess you're better than 99% of the population. Congrats!
                          Last edited by lou; 04-15-2011, 12:48 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I believe Erick can now be excluded from that club, so it's just you now.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              You guys are really just haters.
                              Oh my god. Have you read anything I've posted in this thread? Are you fucking joking?

When did you become an idiot?
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                but you're simply obtuse if you want to just say that's a whatever play every guy makes
                                I said it was a nice play at a big time.

I'm not obtuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X