No announcement yet.

Offense Wakes Up in 5th, Bullpen Solid Again In 7-4 Victory Over Nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that we are winning games because these games count for the standings. Taking just about anything more than that out of them is not for me.
    poop

Comment

I was thinking the same thing.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        I'm not worried about that at all as it's all cyclical and guys like Hanley (and Stanton) aren't going to be footnotes the whole year and they are going to win games by themselves moving forward. The offense is going to pick up big time, especially if Coghlan is going to do what he did tonight. Morrison is going to walk over 100 times easy. Gaby looks like he's going to be a doubles machine. Yea it's a super small sample size, but a big question of the team was are all the sophomore guys going to hit, and signs look pretty damn good so far looking at their ABs and how no one is over matched. Yea, it's not Phillies staff they are facing, but they won't be over powered regardless which is the point. They aren't going to be automatic outs like some guys we have rolled out the last few. Even Bonifacio and Dobbs got some more hits and the bench doesn't look like it's going to be a complete black hole. So they lost to a knuckleballer and a kind of bizarre extra innings game? Shit happens.

First time through our rotation, we got three great starts, Volstad kept it close (kind of), and we had a blow up. If that happens on average all year, we're going to keep winning 3 of 5, and that's pretty damn good. These guys can hang with good teams. Can they win 92? That'll be interesting, but I hate to be so optimistic, but you have to love how the team is playing through 5. Theres much more positive than negative. And they've done it without arguably their third best player.

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying Lou but the fact remains that the Marlins have won 3 of 5 games at home against the Mets and Natinals. Can we agree that suggests neither we're a good team nor a bad team?

Comment

We could be 5-0 and that wouldn't suggest one or the other either though.

Comment

Helms getting a start today

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              Helms getting a start today
              Maybe it's to give Murphy some time to think about his trying to get the out at home instead of the double play in the second inning yesterday.

Comment

Helms is the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  Maybe it's to give Murphy some time to think about his trying to get the out at home instead of the double play in the second inning yesterday.
                  He did what he should have done. It was just a really poor throw

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    We could be 5-0 and that wouldn't suggest one or the other either though.
                    Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      Not in the second inning. If it's the 8th or 9th and it's tied then, yeah, you try to get the lead runner. But it was the second inning against a bad team with the pitcher on deck, you trade the run for the two outs.

Comment

I've been told that the runner from first was going on the play. If that's the case, Murphy wasn't getting that runner at 2nd anyway.

Anyone know if what I have been told is the truth?

Comment

From the replay they showed last night, Murphy could have gotten the guy at second and they sure as hell could have gotten Pudge at first.

Comment

He charged the ball meaning he was already going in the direction of home. It was the easier play to make, he just threw it wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              That was a poor decision; it was the 2nd inning.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                                He charged the ball meaning he was already going in the direction of home. It was the easier play to make, he just threw it wide.
                                He was heading towards second, that wast the easier play. The reason he threw wide to the first base side was because his momentum was carrying him that way.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X