No announcement yet.

If You Were Managing This Team...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a track record of success. I think he'll be fine.

But I think fine is, like .750 OPS.

The early returns on defense are very promising, however.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      He had many, many great months in the minors. That's a far larger sample size.

I'm OK with saying he's not terrible.
      I don't think he's terrible. I still think he's a question mark.

Comment

I don't hate him either.

I do think he sucks, though.

I hope he turns out to be better than I think.

Comment

I'm just happy to see that he looks ok in CF, early on. He is who he is, as a hitter. Not overly concerned about his offense.

Comment

He pulls off a lot of balls. When he stops that and keeps his front shoulder in, he'll be super hitter again.

Comment

CC's offense will come around. He was off for pretty much a year.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

He has a track record of success. I think he'll be fine.

But I think fine is, like .750 OPS.

The early returns on defense are very promising, however.
                You know what's kind of fun? He's had 5 sub-.700 OPS months (.437, .673, .504, .657, .662) and 3 .900+ OPS months.(1.030, .950, 1.105)

Only one in between at .770.

Comment

And a minor league career of .839. I don't think that can be ignored.

And like I said, he'll probably be a .750 player. It's not like I expect him to be a world beater. He'll be solid. I think there's enough evidence to point to that.
                  poop

Comment

The big thing I see with Coghlan right now is that he will always have one nice AB where he grinds it out and sees a bunch of pitches, then the very next he goes up and hacks at the first pitch.

What I hope for from CC is a guy who walks a ton, hits for a pretty good average, sneaks in 5 to 12 HRs and gets a fair amount of 2Bs, putting himself in position to be drove in by others. Not a superstar, but a pretty good major leaguer. I think that he has shown the ability to be that player.
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

And a minor league career of .839. I don't think that can be ignored.

And like I said, he'll probably be a .750 player. It's not like I expect him to be a world beater. He'll be solid. I think there's enough evidence to point to that.
                      There are hundreds of minor leaguers who have put up far better numbers and didn't succeed. I don't think an .840 OPS is something you can hang your hat on in regards to him being a sure fire success. He's been more bad than good since his call up. I'm not saying that he should be replaced, I just think he's more of a question mark than y'all do.

Plus, I was only highlighting his really odd streaky-ness in my last post. He has literally almost been at either extreme his entire Major League career.

Comment

Coghlan struck out 24% of the time last year, which is completely uncharacteristic for him. If he goes back to putting up a good BB/K like he did in the minors and his rookie year, he'll be fine. So far it's promising results (11.8% K rate) but only 20 PA so can't say nadda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          There are hundreds of minor leaguers who have put up far better numbers and didn't succeed. I don't think an .840 OPS is something you can hang your hat on in regards to him being a sure fire success. He's been more bad than good since his call up. I'm not saying that he should be replaced, I just think he's more of a question mark than y'all do.

Plus, I was only highlighting his really odd streaky-ness in my last post. He has literally almost been at either extreme his entire Major League career.
                          A .840 OPS for a guy with his plate approach and being a gap hitter is pretty darn good. Its easier for that to carry over I would imagine.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

He's awesome again.
                            poop