No announcement yet.

3B Search: Looks Likes It's Boner or Donnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm supposed to ignore a 132 point difference in his splits?

Comment

oye

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
        I'm supposed to ignore a 132 point difference in his splits?
        I'm not sure what you are referring to. Are you talking about the difference between Young at Arlington and Young away, or Young away and Donnie Murphy/Emilio Bonifacio in general.

Comment

If we get Young I hope we do it soon so we can send Nuñez in the deal but still keep Sanches.. I believe Sanches is out of options.

Comment

Young had an .848 OPS away from Texas in 09 and he hasn't really been bad away from there. It's just his power disappeared in 06,07 and 08. I do like JoseLopez though. Defense was stellar last year at 3B and if he can hit like he did in 08 and 09 and play defense as he did in 2010 he can be extremely valuable.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Young away from Arlington. But forget it, I looked at some players and it doesn't always hold. (Cantu was a monster at home) Probably something to that home-cooking cliche.

Comment

I think a Young acquisition says more to what we have than anything else. Is he an 8 mil a year player? Probably no. Probably $5-6, but texas presumably won't eat that much. But we don't even have replacement level options at 3B which the whole value system is based on. If we're realistically putting a -2 WAR option out there, and I can't see how we aren't if it's 650 PA of murphy, eb, and helms (not including their pinch hits and day off appearances), Young at a modest 2 WAR, which I think we all agree is a relatively stable projection, is worth it for that money as we don't have alternatives.

We can talk all day about sniping jose lopez, teahen, eric chavez, andy laroche, and I can't even remember some of the other lame names, but the end of the day is, Young is a massive 3-5 win improvement over EB/Bonifacio, and that is totally worth it for us if we're parting with one of our major league right handers, and additional non James/Hands minor league pitching. I can't see how this effects payroll options longterm.

The only thing is, is Loria willing to pump a few bucks into this years team. That's it. Hell, I bet you can tell the Rangers, eat $12 million this season, $6 million next year, and $8 million in year three, and they are cool with it as that saves $22 million (not accounting bringing in Nunez or other payroll) over 3 years, and they presumably get 2-3 decent arms which they need.

It's all about Scrooge McDuck opening the moneypit so Launchpad can get this done. It's not a question if Young makes us better, even at mid 700 OPS levels and poor defense. Any level of analysis leads to a big yes.

Comment

Lou has winned me over.

Comment

Why not inquire about Blake DeWitt? Reasonable stopgap and wouldnt cost much most likely.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• The Marlins aren't considering adding Pedro Feliz is he opts out of his minor league deal with the Royals on Monday.
                      They also have no interest in picking up either Josh Fields or Andy Marte from the Pirates, according to the Sun Sentinel's Juan C Rodriguez. It looks like Donnie Murphy will be the man at third base initially for Florida. Mar. 27 - 6:17 pm et
                      -Rotoworld

Comment

• I would not have interest in Fields or Marte either. There is a reason they play for the Pirates.

/One of these guys will have a big home run against the Fish

Comment

• Feliz released according to Bob Dutton (K.C. Star).

Lets see if we truly don't go after him.

Smurf > Feliz

Comment

• Edwin all but named Donnie the starter today, saying:

“I think what we have seen of Murph we are very close to saying he should be the guy,” Rodriguez said this morning.
                            http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-lat...ter-68026.html
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• What's the best case scenario with Murphy? Somewhere between Cantu's 2008 and 2009 seasons?
                              Sanchez life

Comment

• I think best-case for him is giving us two or three walk off bombs so Tommy and Rich can go crazy again and call him Donnie "Bleepin" Murphy. If that's the best we get, I'm ok with it.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X