No announcement yet.

3B Search: Looks Likes It's Boner or Donnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they will do that to Coghlan. If you switch him to the infield, then what do you do when Dominguez is ready? Move him back to the OF? He needs to be at a set position.

I think the fish have moved on from Cogz being a second basemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      I don't think they will do that to Coghlan. If you switch him to the infield, then what do you do when Dominguez is ready? Move him back to the OF? He needs to be at a set position.

I think the fish have moved on from Cogz being a second basemen.
      If that's the case, then they need to trade Cogs this off-season. I still honestly think he can play second. I want him to be our second baseman but I guess my dream will never come true.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
        If that's the case, then they need to trade Cogs this off-season. I still honestly think he can play second. I want him to be our second baseman but I guess my dream will never come true.
        I might have missed something, why do we need to trade Cogz now?

Comment

K-Ros-

Rockies drawing trade interest in J. Lopez. Could go with Herrera, Wigginton at 2B. Lopez set to earn $3.6M
          This would be a nice upgrade over our other choices. Wonder what the Rockies want in return.

Comment

I think I'd rather have Wigginton than Lopez.
            poop

Comment

Source: Rangers keeping Feliz in the bullpen. They wanted the known safety net at the end of games, in trying to win the AL West.
              http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/st...90570843275264

So now they won't want Leo Nunez even more

Comment

Marlins talk coming up on BBTN in the next few min

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  I might have missed something, why do we need to trade Cogz now?
                  This upcoming off-season. I don't like him long-term at center.

Comment

You haven't even given him a shot at center yet (FWIW)

Comment

This upcoming off-season. I don't like him long-term at center.
                      Just a feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        Just a feeling?
                        No, I'd just rather have a natural infielder in the infield. Same with LoMo, I want him at first eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          You haven't even given him a shot at center yet (FWIW)
                          It's a dumb idea and a waste of time. He was not good in LF and he's not super athletic to think he can transition nicely to CF. The fact he hasn't been able to play enough in Spring Training only hurts the process, somewhat.

Coghlan in CF and Morrison in LF should be quite the laughable joke this year. Plus, we have no 3B and a mediocre bench.

It's absurd that the Marlins aren't even interested in trading Leo Nunez. Or at least trade one of the relievers for a potential upgrade on the field. Something has to be done. Our pitching is fine.

Comment

I think it's a dumb idea too, but it's going to happen so I'm going to sit back and hope he can improve month by month into a capable fielder.

Comment

No, I'd just rather have a natural infielder in the infield. Same with LoMo, I want him at first eventually.
                              I understand he played IF in college and in the minor leagues but most scouts said he wasn't very good at second. He's likely to be bad in CF, but we aren't exactly robbing CC of gold gloves by moving him from 2nd. If there's a chance that he could develop into an adequate CFer, then we should let him. Athletically, he's capable of playing CF. He needs to improve his jumps and angles for sure, but he's capable. Natural infielder implies that he was actually good in the infield. By most accounts, he's wasn't.

I also think LoMo is better suited in LF as well. It's a better position for him to use his athleticism and makes use of his arm, which is above-average, IIRC. In a perfect world, CC is at 3rd, LoMo is at first, and we have to true OFers but I really disagree with trading them just to trade them.

Comment

A lot of LFers in Marlin history have complained that LF in Phinshark is super tough, so it's certainly possible that playing head on to the plate without the football lights or the tough curving liners might improve CC's play in the OF.

It's a gamble, but if it works out, it'll be really good for us going forward.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X