Bo Porter Confuses Jeff Keppinger for Juan Pierre, Fish Still Win in Extras 9-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festa View Post
    Lost in all of this is another crappy start by Volstad.
    Not lost on me. If we weren't so desperately short on starting pitchers, I would say a stint in the minors might serve him well.

Comment

Whats the status of Miller? I havent paid attention since he hurt his ankle.

Comment

Bo Porter continually sends runners when he clearly should not. Tommy was trying to defend him in the booth but nothing could be said to help out Porter.

1-2-3 in the order have been on fire. Uggla is starting to get it in gear.

All in all a huge win. Need to take one more to take 3/4...go Nolasco!

Comment

Better to send more runners than you should IMO than do the Jeff Cox and send no one. Both extremes are bad, but I've got no issues (most of the time) testing the arms of most OF.

That said.....yeah, tonight was, yeah.....
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
            By the way, seeing that highlight on sportscenter, Bo Porter is an idiot. That was ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous like fire him ridiculous. I dont even think Emilio scores there.
            He doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Longview View Post
              Whats the status of Miller? I havent paid attention since he hurt his ankle.
              hasn't pitched in a AAA game since july 29th

Comment

Volstad is pitching his way to the big easy, and if Emilio got scorched like Hermida did, I would have been way more pissed. This is purely because I (we) are haters.

Comment

I just have to say it again: While wasn't a blockbuster move, getting Nick Johnson was a brilliant move. He really changes the dynamic of this lineup with his monster OBP ability. It's likely not a coincidence that Coghlan's torrid hitting streak roughly coincides with Johnson's arrival.

Comment

i agree with subzero, its better to be overly aggresive in those situations, then passive, it forces the other team to make a good play. if jeff's throw was way off and herms score, then bo is a hero. i dont know how good of an arm keppinger's has, but i assume its below average because he is an infielder, and only played 3 games in the outfield before today.
                    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                    Tom Koehler(4-0)
                    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                      i agree with subzero, its better to be overly aggresive in those situations, then passive, it forces the other team to make a good play. if jeff's throw was way off and herms score, then bo is a hero. i dont know how good of an arm keppinger's has, but i assume its below average because he is an infielder, and only played 3 games in the outfield before today.
                      Keppinger has a SS/3B arm and was playing shallow enough that it was basically like a SS being the cut off man on a relay to throw the guy out at home so yeah unless he just flat out lost his grip on the ball Hermida was screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingebag View Post
                        Volstad is pitching his way to the big easy, and if Emilio got scorched like Hermida did, I would have been way more pissed. This is purely because I (we) are haters.
                        The problem with that is we have no one to replace Volstad. If this were April or May, you could send him down to the minors for work, but we're in the middle of a pennant race. We don't have any better options.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingebag View Post
                          Thing is, who do we replace Volstad with? Miller's out, and we already have trouble with West in the back of the rotation.

EDIT: Barely beaten on the point by m2655.

Comment

The ball was right at Keppinger.

Hermida is an average runner.

Hermida had just made the turn at 3B.

I am all for being aggressive on the basepaths. But there was no excuse for that. The throw could have been several feet off line and Pudge would have still nailed the runner.

Comment

For the record, Hermida was technically safe, but the umpire pretty much has to call Hermida out in that case.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Yeah, I thought he was safe too, but he was out.

Also, I was gon quote Binge and I'm doing this because it made me laugh, I are haters too.

Comment

Working...
                                X