Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think part of the reason injuries have been amplified over the years is the small margin for error. In order to make the playoffs we need everything to click at the right time and one injury throws everything off. It isn't like the Phillies or Braves who can sustain a few injuries and still win 90 games.

The last time I remember everything holding on the injury front was in 2009. We just didn't have all the pieces.

Comment

• Completely agree.

Comment

• Confucius say "the team that gets injured the most is the team that you watch the most"

Comment

• Well, even if Johnson were completely healthy, why would we bring him back for this season? It's not like we're going anywhere anyway. Might as well let that shoulder get as much rest as possible for next year.

Comment

• Since Josh Johnson went on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation May 17, the Marlins have treaded carefully to return him to full health — just for peace of mind over the winter.

On Monday, Johnson took another step forward when he threw a 50-pitch bullpen session at Sun Life Stadium, mixing in fastballs, changeups and sliders. Next up: his first simulated game since going down. He will throw in Jupiter on Thursday and on Sept. 27. “After that, we’ll shut it down, go into off-season mode, take a couple weeks off and go back to what I’ve been doing,” he said. .

Johnson said he “definitely” envisions himself pitching Opening Day in April at the Marlins’ new ballpark.

-The Herald

Comment

• Pansy

Comment

Working...
              X