No announcement yet.

FanGraphs on Mike Stanton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say the Marlins try and sign him to a Longoria-esque contract sometime this season.

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
      how do you figure? maybe average defense is the worst case scenario, but I don't think 10 steals is out of the question as a low. maybe i'm crazy though.
      I dont think you can say his worst case scenario is 10 steals because what is his best case scenario then? I don't think his best case scenario is 30 SBs, so i don't see how his worst case can be 10.

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't steal 10 next year.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        Yeah, I was just being dicky. Double digit steals aren't out of the question as a low, but that isn't the definition of worst case scenario. As for plus defense, I agree with bob that it is not a worst case scenario. He is an athletic fellow, but he looks sillier than Josh Willingham first did when he was in LF
        Didn't the defensive metrics say he was a plus defender in right last year?

Comment

There is more to OF defense then freak athleticism.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
            Didn't the defensive metrics say he was a plus defender in right last year?
            I believe he was at the top. He has a gun and he has speed. He takes weird routes and loses balls though.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              I believe he was at the top. He has a gun and he has speed. He takes weird routes and loses balls though.
              Yeah, I think a lot of that is inexperience covered up by the athleticism, I really imagine his work ethic covers that shortly

I mean, this guy has been touted for like, an absolutely ridiculous work ethic, right?
              CSBC Commish

Comment

I expect an up and down season. Probably a rough April, and his first half of the season will show plenty of hot and cold streaks. Probably slow out of the box after the ASB and then as adjustments are made he has a strong 2nd half.
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Do we win?

Comment

I dont know. Thats up to Ramp. Pretty typical of a young players sophomore season however.
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                    X