A Backdrop Fit for Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJC View Post
    Wasn't the roof opening designed to cover a stage on the back? Seems perfect for Willy Chirino. =)
    The open roof will cover the plaza. I don't think they'll ever do a Super Saturday concert on the field, but there is no reason they couldn't have musical acts on the plaza after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
      I asked about this and there has not been a decision made on SS concerts making the trip south.
      I hope they get rid of the Mermaids and Manatees too, but I doubt this will happen. Maybe they can do some pregame concert type things outside of the stadium to get people out early, but I don't think they will have the post game concerts on field, because they shouldn't need these kind of gimmicks to draw a crowd.

Comment

I don't really see anything wrong with having the concerts. Why not make a Saturday night a full event. Granted most the bands they get are terrible, but it's not like it's interfering with the baseball. Especially if you put it outside the stadium in the plaza. Manatees/Mermaids/In Game DJ crap on the other hand....

Comment

That totally eclipsed my expectations. Awesome.

Comment

You totally eclipsed my heart

Comment

Here is what I was talking about earlier.

The black square is what's in the photo. The red square is the additional skyline fans on the 3B side will see.

Comment

Might be too early to ask, but does anyone know when you can buy/reserve tickets for the first game in the new ball park? This is an event town, you never know how quickly the tickets may go...

Comment

At this point, to my knowledge the only way to guarantee an Opening Day ticket for the new ballpark is to buy a 2012 season ticket plan.

I too would LOVE to be there opening day of the new park, so if anyone has any further info, I'd love to hear it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                    This is an event town, you never know how quickly the tickets may go...

I'm not sure what you're implying.....

This isn't a "never know" type situation. Opening Day at the new stadium will sell out and it will sell out quickly. You can book that. If you don't have season tickets, know somebody or are willing to pay a ton of $$$ for a ticket you won't be inside the stadium for the first game in the new park.

Comment

I am hoping to fly down for it.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I will be flying down for it too.. I was at the 1st ever game won't miss this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                          I was at the 1st ever game won't miss this one either.
                          Same. Don't really care what I have to pay...

Comment

I have checked flights into Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami. WPB seems the cheapest right now.
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

I'd pay a little more an fly into FLL or MIA.

Comment

All the prices out of St. Louis were relatively similar.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X