No announcement yet.

Justin Upton for Morrison, Nolasco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, again, Im with Mainge here, Hanley bringing in a bevvy of starting caliber players would be worth considering, to be sure.
    CSBC Commish

Comment

• Especially if our business model continues. He's going to either (a) become an A-Rod albatross with his backloaded contract or (b) price himself out of our budget entirely.

Hanley post 2012 only makes sense if we're spending a decent amount of money.

Comment

• Only two or three teams have the players to make a Justin Upton deal work, Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told MLB.com's Steve Gilbert. Towers added, "We're not talking about getting A-ball prospects back. It would have to be players that could help us in 2011." Towers expects to know whether Upton will be traded before the end of the Winter Meetings (December 9th). Diamondbacks president and CEO Derrick Hall predicted, "I think he'll probably be here on Opening Day."

Two GMs who spoke with Towers told Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that Towers is growing more pessimistic about trading Upton. Rosenthal's sources say possible suitors like the Reds and Nationals "do not appear to match up for one reason or another."

We learned yesterday that the Mariners, Athletics, Tigers, and Royals are on Upton's no-trade list.
        MLBTR

Comment

• Rosenthal's latest on this from this morning;

Two general managers who spoke with the Diamondbacks' Kevin Towers in recent days described him as growing more pessimistic about trading right fielder Justin Upton.

The Blue Jays have enough young pitching to satisfy the D-Backs, but it's unclear whether they would want to make such a deal for Upton. Teams such as the Reds and Nationals, while possibly interested in Upton, do not appear to match up for one reason or another, sources say.

The D-Backs likely will lay low until the winter meetings, then resume active discussions. One problem: A high-revenue team such as the Red Sox might prefer to sign free agents rather than give up talent for Upton.

Under baseball's inequitable rules of compensation, the Sox would come out ahead in draft picks if they lost catcher Victor Martinez and third baseman Adrian Beltre and replaced them with two other Type A free agents.

They would gain two first-round picks plus two supplemental picks for losing Martinez and Beltre while forfeiting only a first- and second-rounder for signing two other Type As.
          Royals being patient with impatient ace

Comment

• The more I look at Morrisons numbers, the less I want to trade him. He is an OBP monster. This team might actually be better off by trading Leo and Paulino for a CF, and signing Javy Vazquez.

The Red Sox need a closer plus a catcher, we can deal with them for Ellsbury. Maybe Nunez, Paulino, and an B+/B- Prospect.

Lineup:

Jacoby
            Infante
            Hanley
            Stanton
            LoMo
            Gaby
            Cogz
            Buck
            Pitcher

SP:

JJ
            Nolasco
            Vazquez
            Sanchez
            Volstad

BP:

Mujica
            Webb
            Sanches
            Dunn
            Sanabia
            Hopper

CP:

Hensley
            Last edited by Big Z; 11-25-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• I don't think Boston would want Nunez or Paulino.

Comment

• Dunno if this was posted but a fun fangraphs article comparing Upton to Sheffield

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...r-trade-value/
                CSBC Commish

Comment

• Isn't Paulino going to be a free agent?

Comment

• When we non-tender him, yes.

Comment

• love me tender

Comment

• Chicken tenders.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Justin Upton is not on the team’s radar any more, as the Arizona Diamondbacks want too much for the outfielder.
                          FYI: The "team" is Toronto; not us.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseba...s-to-fill-them

Comment

• Well then I don't want him if he's gonna cost the farm.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                              Well then I don't want him if he's gonna cost the farm.
                              Contextual situation. The Blue Jays are kind of rebuilding, we're (for all intents and purposes) more competitive than they are and they would need their various pieces more.

That said, who knows what offers are on the table
                              CSBC Commish

Comment

• Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                                Contextual situation. The Blue Jays are kind of rebuilding, we're (for all intents and purposes) more competitive than they are and they would need their various pieces more.

That said, who knows what offers are on the table
                                True.

I would be ok with dealing one of Ricky or Lomo. However, I'd rather deal the former. I'm not too fond of adding James in a deal but it likely is inevitable.
                                Ricky, Cogs, Leo for J-Up and someone would be ok with me.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X