Justin Upton for Morrison, Nolasco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
    If we have money to go get one or two free agent pitchers, yes, you do that instantly.
    As I put in the previous page, if you go minimum on your bench pieces and bullpen except for arbitration guys (which is possible with all of the pieces we acquired), you can have roughly 10-12 million to play with depending on whether payroll is 53 or 55.

I really think they take Lomo, Nunez, Ricky, West, Ceda, and like Villanueva or something like that, and I really think it makes this organization better right now.
    poop

Comment

• I agree with you, if Upton can be had without giving up JJ, Stanton, Hanley or both CC & LoMo, you have to find a way to make it happen.

Comment

• Yesterday we learned that rival teams continue to kick the tires on Justin Upton. It will take four or five players to meet Arizona's demands, but GM Kevin Towers seems genuinely open to moving the 23-year-old. The Rockies, Marlins and Red Sox appear to be among the interested teams, but the Braves aren't likely to get involved. Here are today's rumors:

* The Red Sox are on the "backburner" in the Upton talks after a mystery team made a strong push yesterday, according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. About half of MLB teams showed some interest in Upton, but the D'Backs aren't going to trade him unless they "win" the trade. Arizona wants four prospects in return and teams like the Yankees aren't comfortable parting ways with that much talent. The D'Backs and Red Sox have discussed expanded deals that involve at least one other team.
        * The Red Sox are showing more interest than the Yankees, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link). He says the D'Backs would likely request Daniel Bard and Jacoby Ellsbury from the Red Sox.
        Just the latest on Upton rumors.

Comment

• Oh come on, Lomo is worth more than Ellsbury and Bard by himself, isn't he? Throw in Ricky, West, and the rest and they take it.

Fuck!
          poop

Comment

• I'm confident is going to get it done considering we have the pieces and we have been interested in him for a long time. The only thing that would hold us back is the D-Backs pulling him off the block.

Comment

• I do not believe it will happen. It would be too legit to quit.
              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I do not believe it will happen. It would be too legit to quit.
                If this happens, I don't know what to think
                CSBC Commish

Comment

• It would be the coolest thing weve done since signing Delgado.
                  poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    It would be the coolest thing weve done since signing Delgado.
                    *since inking Hanley

*since building a stadium
                    Christian Yelich
                    LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                    12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                    100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                    .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• I meant just in terms of acquisitions.
                      poop

Comment

• Cool. Just sayin. Organization's on the rise.

Signing Hanley and JJ long term. Getting a baseball stadium. Payroll above $50mil.
                        Christian Yelich
                        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• We can always do a 3 team deal with the BOS and ARI, in which we get jacoby, BOS gets Upton and ARI gets spects from both sides. This way we won't part with LoMo, and we can probably get rid of Nunez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            We can always do a 3 team deal with the BOS and ARI, in which we get jacoby, BOS gets Upton and ARI gets spects from both sides. This way we won't part with LoMo, and we can probably get rid of Nunez.
                            Reading this, it started not for me and progressively got more for me as it unfolded.
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

• The Yankees have to offer Jesus Montero, Manuel Banuelos/Delin Betances, Brett Gardner, and maybe Joba to get him. I'm not sure if I want him, but I don't want the Red Sox getting him.

Comment

• Jon Heyman is reporting that Towers is not determined to trade Upton within the NL West.

This leaves the Marlins and Red Sox as the main suitors, from our knowledge so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X