Justin Upton for Morrison, Nolasco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Reading the ball from CF is easiest of all OF positions. You get a clear view of the ball, LF and RF the ball is always obstructed by the lights, the only issue is that there is a lot of ground to cover at Sun Life.
    Not on line drives. CF is known to be the most difficult part of the outfield to judge hard hit balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      I think I heard something of Coghlan telling Beinfest that he wanted to play CF, I just don't know if he has enough speed or a good jump to get to those deep fly balls.
      I'm sure he said that because Logan had taken his spot in left field and we were (then) still talking about re-signing Uggla and Coghlan wanted to play.

Comment

• Look if Coghlan takes outfield practice for the next 4 months, he'll be somewhat decent out there by Opening Day. I still don't think he ends up being the CFer anyway.

Comment

• At least he's open to the possibility. On the contrary, he could refuse to play 3B and demand more money than Hanley.

Comment

• The Red Sox, thought to be a possible front-runner in the Justin Upton trade discussions, are now on the “backburner,” according to major-league sources.

Another, unspecified team made a strong push for the Arizona Diamondbacks right fielder on Wednesday, sources said, and roughly half of the 30 big-league clubs have expressed interest.

The Diamondbacks are making it clear to potential suitors that they intend to “win” any trade involving Upton, who is 23 and under contract through 2015.

An official from one interested club said the D-Backs want four top prospects for Upton. The Yankees, among other teams, are balking at that price.

The Diamondbacks, judging by the level of interest, are confident that a deal is possible, sources say. Upton’s contract enables him to reject trades to four clubs, but his list is not expected to be a factor.

The Red Sox are interested in Upton, but also working multiple fronts, including the pursuits of free-agent outfielders Carl Crawford and Jayson Werth and their own free agents, catcher Victor Martinez and third baseman Adrian Beltre.

The Diamondbacks have discussed expanded deals involving other teams with the Red Sox, sources said. But as of Wednesday night, there was little momentum for a trade.

If the Red Sox traded only their own players for Upton, they likely would need to part with some combination of reliever Daniel Bard, minor-league right-hander Casey Kelly and outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Ryan Kalish.
            http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/M...a-Diamondbacks

Comment

• I think we could do this if we really tried. There's just no reason not to...
              poop

Comment

• Yea, we definitely have the pieces

Comment

• It's gon happen.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I would jizz

Comment

• So obviously we would need a bit more than Nolasco and Morrison, which makes us question whether it's worth it. I like his contract though, that's a huge plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        Mibs first step of negotiation 101: Tell the other teams that you are freaking out over your current situation and will do anything your adversary wants to rectify it.
                        Step Two: Create focus groups to determine a player's popularity

Comment

• ^ lol
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• The D-Backs are not moving Upton unless they are blown away.

Hearing that the Marlins have been interested in Upton for a very long time makes me wonder if we will overpay.

A deal that will get the job done will most probably be something along these lines:

LoMo, Nolasco, C.James, C+/- prospect.

You then have money to sign Vazquez, and a 5th starter(Capuano)?

You're Larry Beinfest, and you're on the hot seat, are you pulling the trigger or declining Upton as your CF for the next 5 years?

I myself am not into a 19 year old pitching prospect, that could be great, but could also be the next A.Miller.

I am pulling the trigger.
                            Last edited by Big Z; 11-18-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• If we have money to go get one or two free agent pitchers, yes, you do that instantly.

Comment

• Considering we get rid of Nunez and Paulino, we will have money to play with. I doubt Vazquez asks for more than 7 million considering how he pitched last year, although he is a year removed from a great season so who knows what he's asking for. I don't see Capuano asking for more than 3 million either, he pitched a total of 9 innings from 2008-2009 before coming back last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X